three.

CHAPTER     III.
unexpected confrontation.

HE SAT ACROSS from the rather chatty strawberry blonde, sipping on his green tea with a dash of honey. The only truly mildly enjoyable thing about the moment. He wasn't particularly listening to her rather distracted way of talking, all he knew was the main point of her 'story' was how she'd manage if she were queen. The subject getting lost as she babbled and lost the point. The simple and should be expected question completely hypothetical to help the elimination process and find the most eligible candidate.

"I would prefer to let the servants handle all the paperwork truly maybe even hire an assistant or apprentice like Alexander! How could you sit through boring documents when you could throw a brilliant ball? When I was younger, my father would—" He was already mentally crossing out her name from his list as he blocked out her voice at this point. He truly couldn't see what his father saw in these entitled metaphorical and actual princesses.

He always suggested that this was the one! Or that he'd found the next queen of Bastian! He was usually —if not most definitely— wrong since he rejected every suitor, persistent on the idea he could rule alone. When he had miraculously reappeared after mysteriously disappearing, his 'date' was rather delighted with the idea he had miss her company. It was deeply false.

The only reason he had any intention to come back was to avoid another lecture with his father had he found out he ditched the girl because he grew 'bored' of the scattered conversation.

He eventually grew debilitated at the girls constant yapping. "Apologies, my lady. But, I'm afraid I most cut this... lovely encounter short. I have much work to attend do." He smiled, albeit timidly.

"Ah, of course. It was a pleasure, your royal highness" She bowed her head as he eagerly retreated away from the girl. She had talked his ears off at that point and he'd rather have done half a day of paperwork then sit through that again.

As he ran his hands through his styled hair, making his appearance slightly more dishevelled but dashing nonetheless. A heavy sigh rushing past his lips as he made his way towards yet another problem he couldn't let his father know about.

. . .

"Stormy please! Aren't you tired of working so hard at this age? You should be retired by now!" You practically begged as Stormy continued washing the multiple porcelain plates and cups. She sighs lightly.

"Dear, we've been over this-" You shut off the running tap.

"Yes, and you've continued to tell me it's not the time." You lean against the countertop as she faced you now.

"Even if i did say yes, I can't afford to pay you..." She says hesitantly before turning the tap back on.

"You wouldn't have to, You letting me and Arthur stay is enough!" She chuckles, placing the plates in the cupboards after wiping them down. Placing her hand onto your shoulder.

"You're too kind, (Y/N) dear. Well then, you better head off to bed then. We have a long day tomorrow." She says with a smile as you grinned. Giving her the biggest hug and hurrying off to bed.