Episode 1 - Chapter 2

Ulrich Stern huffed out a breath of a chuckle as he closed his gym locker. "Don't tell me you're going to walk your bare feet across the gym's sweaty-ass floor?"

Odd Della Robbia seemed to consider that for a few seconds then retrieved a pair of athletic slides before closing his locker. "What's the difference? We'll be barefoot in same room where other people's gym shoes have been?"

The two exited the men's locker room and headed for the workout classrooms.

With a small smile, Ulrich shook his head at his best friend and roommate. "The difference is, the classroom floor gets cleaned and disinfected regularly and the gym's foam tiles do not. Anyways, just be happy we don't have to wear a Baju Melayu."

Odd's slides clop-clopped with every step. "Oh, that's the black gi you wear sometimes when you go to competitions."

"That's right." Ulrich confirmed. "Pencak Silat is pretty casual when it comes to dress."

Odd looked down at his purple workout shorts, "Yet another reason to like the sport." Then, gesturing at Ulrich's black tank top and black sweat pants, he added, "Are all the workout clothes you have black?"

Ulrich rolled his eyes. It's a wonder they were such good friends when they were so different. With a purple streak on the top of his blond spikey hair, Odd was outgoing and colorful — literally. While Ulrich, with his brown hair and brown eyes, was reserved and introverted.

They passed rows of exercise machines being used by university students and staff. Someone on a treadmill waved to both of them, one of Odd's co-workers, and the two waved back.

"You know," Odd began, "as Kadic University's best graphics designer, you should let me make a poster advertising your martial arts class. You did say that if you got a few more students, the athletic director would let you teach a second class. Another class would mean another stipend. And I've got an idea for a poster that will turn some hea–WHOH!"

Ulrich stopped just outside the door of the classroom so abruptly that Odd bumped into him.

Stretching mats lined the floor under the windows of the workout classrooms. And right in front of Ulrich's classroom, was a woman. Her long black hair was held back by a ponytail and headband, and she wore magenta seamless yoga leggings and a matching sports bra. No shirt. She was straddled in a middle splits, obviously showing off, with her elbows propped on the mat, her chin resting on her interlaced fingers. And she had serious eyes for Ulrich.

"Why Hello, Sissi." Odd greeted the woman. "Nice to see you sulking at our door."

Sissi rolled her eyes at Odd and returned her attention to Ulrich. "Ulrich, Sweetheart, would you be so kind and help me stretch? I'm too flexible, you see, and I need a partner to help me really loosen my muscles."

Sissi Delmas has had a huge crush on Ulrich for years. He would often find himself crossing paths with her. Other than being annoyingly in love with him, she was pretty much harmless, so Ulrich tended to shrug off her advances. She actually has come through for Ulrich on more than one occasion.

Other than being thedaughter of the President of the University, Sissi was also the University's monetarycoordinator. She was in charge of allocating money to the different departmentsand approved budgets and spending. And since she had a say in where money goes, she made sure that theathletic department got extra so that Ulrich could get a small raise.

Ulrich thought about helping her for a second. It wouldn't cost him anything except a few minutes, but seeing as how he had no romantic interest in her and he knew this was her way of flirting with him, he decided it would be best if he didn't reward her advances.

"Sorry Sissi." Ulrich said. "My class starts soon. Maybe another time."

Sissi sat up and crossed her legs, disappointed. "Promise?" She asked hopefully.

Ulrich knew better than to make false promises to her. "If I can," he said. Then he and Odd entered the classroom. 

Code Lyoko: As Adultsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें