Chapter 24

I sat on the couch in silence; looking down at my thumbs. From here, I could hear Luhan moving back and forth in the room we shared.. Or used to, anyways.

It felt like I'd been hours before he finally emerged from the hallway, a stuffed duffel bag hanging from his shoulder.

He didn't look at me, and I couldn't bring myself to look at him.

Only when he was standing in front of the front door did I finally make myself say something.

"Goodbye." Was all I was able to barely murmur. From the corner of my eye, I saw Luhans shoulders rise and fall in a sigh.

He stood there for half a minute before opening the door and leaving me behind.

The sense of being alone hit me right away; I could feel the emptiness like a thick sheet of fog. It rang loudly through the rooms and bounced off the walls, not failing to go unnoticed.

I sat there, my head still down, not knowing what to do. Or who to call.

Chen hadn't spoken to me ever since that incident. He tried all he could to explain it to Luhan. But in the end, Luhan decided he would be better off staying with Kris.

I couldn't even beg for him to stay.

*

"Chen. It's me again. Call me.. please." I exhaled deeply and hung up, ending my 4th voicemail to him today.

It had been almost two weeks since Luhan left and I had hit an all time low.

I was somehow able to prevent being fired, but only because my boss knew of Xiumins death and he knew I was having a hard time.

He still eyed me every once in a while to make sure I was doing okay, and he didn't let me slack off too much.

My coworkers were the only people I talked to. And even then, it was never more than a simple hey or good night. Every once in a while I might even throw in an excuse me or maybe even a can you get that for me?

But at the end of the day my voice was always hoarse from barely speaking.

I sighed and threw myself on the bed. My mind wandered, as always, and I began to wonder if it were time to try socializing again.

Or I could get a cat.

I inhaled into a pillow. The familiar, delicate scent of Luhan still lingering on it. This must be the pillow he used.

I almost laughed to myself when I realized I'd just barely forgot about him. And for a second, he wasn't the only thing running through my mind.

It was weird, being so alone in this house. In this room. The moments we'd shared couped up in between these very walls were constantly drowning my mind.

And it wasn't just Luhan.

But everyone of them. Kris, Tao, Lay, Xiumin, Luhan, Chen.

I was almost on the verge of tears. Just as the first tear was about to drop, I quickly sat up and wiped it off.

I decided it was time I snapped out of this trance. I couldn't spend the rest of my life pondering over the past and pitying myself.

It took me an enormous amount of self motivation but I somehow was able to hop in the shower. I brushed my hair, washed my face. And put on a little make up to breathe some life back into my face.

Then, I stood in front of my closet and stared at it, choosing out what to wear.

Unfortunately for me, I hadn't done my laundry in ages. So the only clean article of clothing I had was a dress Luhan bought me a while back.

He said it looked beautiful on me, but I never fancied the color therefore I never wore it.

I laughed without humor at the ironic situation as I slipped it on and walked in front of the mirror.

He was right though.The dress really did suit me, in an odd way.

I grabbed my keys and locked the door behind me as I left my house after what seemed to be years.

The sun was shining outside, not too brightly that I worried for my skin, but bright enough to cheer me up.

I stood in front of my car for a minute before deciding it was too good of a day for me to drive. Besides, it was only a ten minute walk from here to the coffee shop.

But five minutes into my walk, I was slowly beginning to regret my decision to leave the house.

I was wearing flats with cushioned insoles. So why did every step feel like I was walking on glass?

I did my best to shake the feeling off and tried not too look too out of place as I neared the coffee shop.

The big brown building came into place, but that wasn't the reason why I stopped walking.

In front of the coffee shop walked Luhan, his arm around Tao and Catalina walking hand in hand with Tao.

They were all smiling at each other and their lips moved in conversation.

I swallowed back the lump in my throat that rose at the sight of Luhan.

His tattoos peeked out from under his long sleeves and collar. His hair was still that light blonde but I could see his black roots beginning to grow in.

And his smile still had that angelic hint to it, his eyes sparkling even from here.

The nostalgic feeling was so overwhelming, I couldn't stop myself from opening my mouth and shouting his name, "Luhan!" I cried in a barely audible voice.

When he didn't hear me, I called him again. And again. Until he turned his head in curiosity.

I didn't think of what I was doing, I simply stepped into the street and began walking towards him.

At the same time I questioned the expression on Luhans face as he watched me. He looked horrified.

Was he really that disappointed to see me?

But only when I heard the loud honking splitting my eardrums did I understand. Only when I looked to my left and saw the van heading straight for me did I understand.

Only when I felt my body explode in pain and my sight moved from a beautiful, sunny day to cold, pitch black did I really understand.

***
(A/N)
Guess who's back :D

I want to sincerely apologize for taking such a long, unannounced break with this book. I hope you guys aren't too mad ._.

Anyways, I'm back and I'm also sorry to inform you guys that after this will be the epilogue :( It wasn't a decision I made just now, as a matter of fact that's how I originally planned this story..

If you're sad to see this story go then, make sure to read the authors note after the epilogue for a special announcement that might just be about a sequel coming up :D

And thank you guys for almost 2k reads, I'm so happy that so many of you took the time to read this book and I hope you all enoyed it ^^

Stay tuned for the epilogue ~

(And authors note)