Chapter 17

"Don't worry, jagiya." Kai smirked at me, "I'll make yours quick so you wont have to witness your boyfriend and his friends' painful death."

Before I could spit in his face, he shut my mouth with a piece of duct tape.

"Now," He reached into his pocket and took out a tiny timer, settling it between my breasts. The numbers on it read 4:57, "I'll leave you with this."

Kai winked at me one last time before running off behind me and leaving me alone in the middle of the parking lot.

I looked at the device in front of me as the numbers decreased. What was it?

What was going to happen in exactly four minutes and thirteen seconds? My eyes were scanning the area, looking for any sign of Luhans arrival, when they landed on something.

Tucked away a couple yards away, almost completely hidden by the cement bumper, lay a rusty cylinder.

My heart dropped to my feet when I realized what it was.

From the corner of my eye, I noticed movement. I turned and let out a sigh of relief as Luhan ran towards me, Chen a couple of feet behind.

They were out of breath once they got to me. Luhan didn't waste time in cutting ropes off of me.

"Make sure they're not around." He instructed Chen as he moved his pocket knife back and forth.

I let out muffled cries of protests as the seconds ticked by.

2:04

Get away!

1:43

Leave me! Run!

1:02

God dammit! Just fucking go!

0:29

I felt myself fall forwards once the knife made it through. Luhan wrapped his arms around me, sighing my name.

"Run!" I pushed him off. He watched the timer fall from my body just as it hit the 0:00 mark.

My ears almost burst as the place around me exploded. Dust and bits of concrete flew everywhere and hit me in the face, already burning from the heat.

Afterwards, I lay flat on the floor, Luhan and Chen struggled to get up a couple feet away.

"Assholes." Chen muttered, shaking his head. He took a step towards the right, his foot kicking something.

He looked down and frowned. None of us had time to comprehend what was happening before the ground under Chens feet blew up for a second time.

Once again, I flew back a couple feet and landed hard on my side.

Ringing was all I heard as I looked up at Chens body. He laid face down on the floor, head turned away from me.

I screamed his name over and over again above the ruckus. Luhan grabbed me by the arm and dragged me up, screaming stuff I couldn't seem to understand.

Xiumin, Kris, Tao and Lay came running from afar. Xiumin came first, his eyes focused only on Chen. The pain and panic was clear in his eyes.

"Chen!" He screamed. He was only a couple of feet away when a loud bang filled the air. His body stopped abruptly before falling, mid-step.

Tao and the rest screamed. Kris seemed crazed, yelling orders at Luhan, "Take her fucking away!" He hollered, pulling out a gun and shooting at someone I couldn't see.

Luhan obeyed and pulled me away. He seemed stern and unfazed by what just happened. Maybe he was like me, and was just barely able to grasp on to the situation around us.

He dragged me behind the abandoned building, tucking me away in a corner. "Take this." Breathing hard, he handed me a gun and wrapped my fingers around the handle. "I have to fight with them, since they already took two of us down." He swallowed hard while speaking the last part.

"If you hear or see anything, aim and shoot." My hands trembled around the heavy object. "Saebom." Luhan lifted my chin with his index, "Look at me."

I forced my eyes off the floor and looked him in his. It was hard to make sense of his speaking, but I was able to make out the "I love you." He whispered before kissing me.

Kissing him back wasn't as difficult.

He held my trembling body in his arms tightly before standing up and jogging back towards the scene.

I exhaled and inhaled, deeply and slowly in an attempt to slow down my racing heart.

The images of Chen exploding and Xiumin getting shot were still fresh in my mind. I felt nothing but white hot anger towards Suho, and Kai. And fucking Sehun and Chanyeol and even Bakhyun and the creepy D.O guy.

They did this.

They fucked up everything.

I grasped the gun tightly and stood up. My mind was a mess and I couldn't think straight. But amongst the blankness in my head, there was something I could understand.

Revenge.

*

Despite my unsteadiness and lack of coordination, I was somehow able to make it around the building.

I hid behind a bush. A couple feet away stood two dark figures. One I assumed was Baekhyun, based off the height.

The other, I wasn't able to identify. He stood with his back facing me, the top half of his body hidden by a hoodie.

"Yah! Whats taking them so long?" He groaned with a voice that was surprisingly angelic. It took me a second to realize who it was, Suho.

With shaking hands, I held up the black gun and struggled to aim at his back.

I took a deep breath, then another. And another. Yet I didn't stop sweating and my jaw didn't loosen.

Slowly, but surely, I began applying pressure to the trigger. I felt the air around me turn electric, my mind became static.

The pain I had gone through for two days, they were his fault.

He deserved to fucking die.

Just as I was about to finally do it, my mouth was covered. I was pulled back, away from Suho and Baekhyun, and the gun was ripped from my grip.

Leaving me defenseless.