No Rest

Y/N speeds towards the hospital. During the drive he attempts to call Tara multiple times but there is no answer. Y/N tries to not expect the worst as he is driving. He was only gone for a small amount of time but alas it did not matter. Y/N starts to have those thoughts of guilt cloud his mind once more.

It's your fault

You weren't there to protect her

She will never forgive you

"NO NO NO, Tara wouldn't want me thinking like this" Y/N says to himself as he focuses on the road.

Y/N and Sam pull up to the hospital around the same time. A man that Y/N doesn't recognize steps out the passenger side.

"Y/N thank god you made it, lets get inside" Sam says leading the group

The unknown man looks at Y/N "I'm Dewey"

"Y/N" The two nod at each other and Y/N looks down and notices that Dewey has a pistol.

"You ready to get this fucker?"

Dewey nods as they catch up to Sam who is on the phone talking to someone. She puts the call on speaker as they enter the hospital.

A haunting voice speaks "Hello, Samantha. Richie can't come to the phone right now due to his impending death."

"Please, please don't kill him!" Sam pleads to the killer

"This is what happens to people who stick their noses in business that has nothing to do with them. Or... should I carve up little sis again instead? Tell you what, you can choose. I'll only kill one. Who do you want to hear die?"

Y/N goes to say something but is stopped short by Dewey putting a hand over his mouth signaling him to be quiet.

"Why are you doing this?"

"Oh come on, Sam. Didn't Daddy always say it was a lot scarier when there was no motive?"

"Now choose. Or I kill them both."

"I... I can't..."

Sam starts to break down but the group never stops moving. Eventually they reach the elevator and hurriedly press the button with Tara's floor number on it.

The conversation continues as the elevator slowly makes its way up

"You want to know why I'm doing this, Sam? Maybe it's because you're a selfish bitch who can't even make a decision to save the life of someone you love! Maybe it's because you're too weak for this franchise!"

"Maybe... maybe you're right..."

Y/N looks at Sam confused as she suddenly stops crying altogether.

"...or maybe I'm just stalling for time, fuckhead."

The elevator reaches the floor and the doors open. The sight is not a great one as Tara is on the floor bleeding and weeping as the masked killer stands over her. Suddenly Dewey opens fire on the killer.

The killer dives away as Dewey continues to fire shots. Y/N and Sam rush over to Tara. Y/N bends down and, with great effort, lifts her up bridal style.

"ILL GET RICHIE" Dewey yells as he runs over to the bleeding man

Y/N runs over with Tara in his arms and presses the call elevator button. Tara weeping into his shoulder. The elevator door opens and the group all run in.

Dewey suddenly says "The head..."

"What?" Sam asks confused

"We have to shoot him in the head... If we don't, they always come back."