The morning. Chapter 3

Albedo made sure Diluc was comfortable, going to paint, or do something to pass the time for the rest of the night.
[ A/N: sorry for the delay I've been busy with school. also, I'm a bit high while writing this so I may edit it later <3]
———————————————

When Diluc woke up, he got out of the bed and grabbed his stuff. He left Albedo a note that said thank you as he tried to sneak out of the Knights headquarters

" Diluc? What are you doing here? My my are you sneaking out of the chief alchemist's room? "
Diluc recognized that voice immediately. Kaeya.

He turned around and sighed
" Kaeya, mind your own business. What I am doing has nothing to do with you "

" Oh? If you say so. If I see this again I may ask Albedo about it. " 

Diluc just rolled his eyes and left, quickly heading towards the Dawn winery. He was ready to take a shower and rest in his own bed. He noticed someone in the street cleaning up the blood and he felt guilty. He still decided to go home and shower, he was quite bruised as well as sore. He hasn't been so sore in awhile.
He washed all the dried blood away, just standing in the warm water after. When he eventually got out and dressed into more comfortable clothes than normal he wrote a note to one of the maids asking them to inform the staff at the tavern that he would not be able to make his shift for a couple days.
Once that was handled he got a glass of water and drank is as he laid in bed. He relaxed into the comfort of his own bed and slowly drifted off into his dreams.

——————

Albedo was still worried about Diluc after he left. He wanted to make him stay for a bit longer just incase but knew that wasn't very wise. He assumed he would visit Diluc later and decided to paint. He started out with red paint, deciding to paint last nights sunset. He spaced out and when he came back to reality he noticed he hadn't painted the sunset, but he had painted most of Diluc's hair. He went with it, deciding to finish the painting.
After a couple hours he was about halfway finished, it was a quite detailed painting. He was honestly a bit proud of himself, though he had work to do and decided he'd finish later. He put his paints down and went to work on his work. He's writing a paper report for an experiment at the moment, so he reread where he left off and continued from there.
Albedo quickly noticed he couldn't focus on much other than the painting and decided to double task. He'd write a free sentences and then do a couple brush strokes. Good idea right? Wrong. He got distracted and continued on the painting after 15 minutes of his multitasking idea. He wanted it to be perfect so it's understandable.

.
The next day
.

Diluc woke up with a start, holding his side
" Archons..that hurts "
He groaned out, one of the maids hearing him and checking on him.
" Master Diluc, are you alright? "
" I'm alright Adeline, thank you. How long was I asleep? "
" you have been asleep since yesterday morning, master Diluc. We tried to wake you but you went back to sleep so we let you rest. Your work for today has already been
handled. "
" oh, alright. Thank you Adeline "
" Shall I go prepare dinner? "
" That would be wonderful, let me know when it is finished..in the meantime I'll clean myself up "
Adeline nodded and left. Diluc got out of bed and went to his bathroom to look in the mirror. He was surprised but not surprised at the same time.
" ugh..I hate bedhead "
He said softly as he brushed through his knotted hair, his hair getting frizzy from the amount of brushing. He put his hair in a low ponytail and washed his face. He felt a bit better, as he felt groggy when he first woke. He wiped the water away and looked at hismelf in the mirror. He yawned softly, and groaned after. He then decided to make his way downstairs after he changed.

———————-

Albedo is desperately trying to finish this report in 30 minutes. He stayed up all night painting and is definitely regretting his decision now that he remembered the deadline for the report was today. He was about halfway done so he's quickly writing to meet the deadline. He was just praying he didn't mess up and have to restart. He absolutely loved the outcome of the painting but he'll have to admire it later when he's not so busy. He might add sometime to symbolize Diluc being mondstadt's hero to it, though he's still deciding.