Class vs Avengers Pt 1

Victor von Doom was born in a Romani camp outside Haasenstadt, Latveria. His mother, Cynthia, was killed in a bargain with Mephisto that went wrong. Despite his father's attempts to care for her, a noblewoman died and Werner von Doom fled with a young Victor on a cold winter's night. Victor survived the cold, but unfortunately his father did not. Doom sought to increase his knowledge of both science and magic in order to rescue his mother, whose death he blamed on Mephisto. In his youth, Victor fell in love with a woman named Valeria, but she resisted his advances.

The State University in Hegeman, New York offered Victor a scholarship. While attending classes there, he met Reed Richards and Ben Grimm for the first time. They developed a dislike for each other, leading to Reed Richards commiting the first prank he had ever pulled, changing Victor's last name on a trophy to "Doof."

Richards and Doom were intellectual peers. The two debated esoteric theories day and night that amazed faculty members, who compared their brilliance to that of Albert Einstein and Leonardo da Vinci. While Richards designed his starship, Doom became obsessed with developing a machine that could project the astral form of a being into other dimensions, seeing it as a way to free his mother's soul from Mephisto's clutches. Reed pointed out a flaw in Doom's calculations, but Doom arrogantly ignored his warnings, feeling Reed was trying to upstage him, likely due to their dislike for each other. The machine exploded, scarring Doom's face. He was soon expelled for conducting unethical experiments. From then on, he blamed Reed Richards for the destruction of his face as well as his expulsion.

Now here he was, sitting at a bar that was supposed to work as a base. Frustration radiated from his imposing figure as he tapped his fingers impatiently on the wooden counter. He had been waiting for Taskmaster, Crossbones, Electro, and Ghost to return from their mission. They had been sent to procure advanced gear and technology from a mysterious seller at the docks, but they were taking longer than expected.

Just as Doom was contemplating the consequences of their delay, the chilling presence of Red Skull approached him. Doom's eyes, concealed behind his iconic mask, narrowed as he regarded his unwelcome visitor.

"Red Skull," Doom uttered in a tone that matched his annoyance. "We've been here for far too long. The League of Villains, and even All for One, seem content to keep us waiting."

Red Skull's grim countenance reflected understanding mixed with frustration. "Doom, I agree. This situation is less than ideal. However, we find ourselves with limited options. Our goals align, and All for One possesses the resources we require."

Doom's voice grew colder as he responded, "I am not accustomed to waiting, Skull. All for One may possess power, but his methods and leadership leave much to be desired."

Red Skull nodded, acknowledging the valid concern. "We are villains, Doom. We thrive on chaos and personal ambitions. But in this world, where heroes and Quirks dominate, we must adapt. The League of Villains presents us with a chance to amass power and resources."

Doom's steely gaze studied Red Skull, weighing the gravity of his words. "Very well, Skull. We shall see how this alliance unfolds. But know this, I will not remain idle if our interests are compromised."

Red Skull extended a gloved hand, their palms meeting in a pact of necessity. "Agreed, Doom. We both understand the stakes. Our survival in this world depends on our ability to adapt and seize opportunities when they arise."

As their hands parted, Doom's posture relaxed slightly, acknowledging the practicality of their situation. "So be it, Red Skull. Let us wait for our comrades to return. Once they do, we shall discuss our next move."

The bar's door swung open, breaking the tense silence that enveloped Doctor Doom and Red Skull. Taskmaster, Crossbones, Electro, and Ghost walked in, their presence announcing their return. Taskmaster, his skull-like mask concealing any emotions, approached the bar with a nonchalant stride. The others took their places nearby, their faces reflecting exhaustion from their recent endeavors.