Chapter seven ; Possession and obsession pt. 3

Warnings: Swearing, mention of rape, mention of death

Listen to the music for a better experience
«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»
Felix POV

After that moment in the café with Hyunjin, everything became a blur. Everything went so fast, and I still didn't believe how she found out. She wasn't there, but I know who was. The housekeepers, they could have heard. I was loud, fuck, I should have been more careful. It's my life that I'm talking about, and I put it on the line by some senseless actions. It felt so good, but I shouldn't have let Hyunjin take advantage of me like that.

    I have been on trial, first count of adultery. It wasn't as if Yeji didn't do it as well, she may have done a whole lot more times than I did.

    I was scared, if I was being honest. I didn't know what to do, it felt like my life was a waste from here on out. I would rather die than rot away in jail, how is it my fault for his actions that I wasn't given a second to give consent? I could say he raped me, but that didn't happen even though I did not give my consent. He seems like a nice person as well, he gave aftercare, he let me try the breakfast food I've always been wanting to try, he drove me to the hospital because my legs were still in pain. Was at that all a trick? Was I being deceived?

I still couldn't believe it, it felt like a nightmare I was dying to wake up from. The only good part about this is Hyunjin wasn't the one married and getting punished for adultery, it was me instead. I was starting to have feelings for him, and it would be hard on me if he was the one going to jail.

    After a few court sessions, within a time span of a couple weeks, I was relieved. The judge ruled lack of evidence; South Korea had a weird way on punishing people, but this was the first time I felt good that they didn't punish someone correctly. I didn't want to go to jail, I was drunk, and my life was finally getting exciting comparatively to the past events. Plus I was still coping with my father near death experience, so going to jail would make it harder with all the extra pressure.

    By the time I was made innocent, the pain in my legs had healed, thankfully. I couldn't deal with it anymore, and it felt better to actually be able to walk without visibly wobbling or tripping—it would be pretty embarrassing in front of other people, which happened to a few people while going to court.

    I drove home, my personal house that I didn't share with Yeji. I wanted to take a quick shower to refresh myself and I haven't taken one in a couple days. I put all my stuff away, then grabbed a towel and headed to the bathroom connected to my room. I took my clothes off and put them in the laundry basket, then entered the shower.

The hot water streamed down my body, leaving shiny marks of its path. I rubbed in some shampoo and conditioner to my hair, thereafter putting some body wash. Once I done rinsing off all the chemicals I put in my hair and body, I grabbed my towel and left the steamed tub to dry myself off.

I rested in my bed after getting in a new pair of clean clothes, feeling refreshed. I closed my eyes for a few minutes, thinking of something. Picking up my phone from the nightstand, I dialed my father's phone to see when I can visit. Despite wanting to surprise him, I figured it would be best to see when he is available; after all, he still needs time to heal even if he was discharged days ago.

A bright smile appeared on my face, knowing that I'd be able to visit him tomorrow in the late afternoon. That isn't too far away, so I was pretty happy. But, in the meantime I still had to find something to do.

Going back on my phone, I wanted to talk to Hyunjin about some things. I didn't have his number, I didn't bother asking for it before or after my wedding. Everyone in my family, aside from my father, and my Yeji's family must be pretty angry at me. So I decided to ask Yeji for his number, and make up a lie that I hoped she would believe.

On the phone

:Felix
Hey, can I get Hyunjin's number?

Yeji:
After what you did, you're going to have to tell me why first.

:Felix
I'm sorry about that, okay? I need to talk to him seriously about us having to distance ourselves.

Yeji:
Yeah, but that still doesn't explain the noises his housekeepers heard during the night.

:Felix
We didn't do it, I swear. He let me in his guest bedroom, he must've had a girl over. I didn't hear anything because I was asleep at the time, it was late and I was wasted so I was pretty tired.

Yeji:
I'll give you his number, but I still don't believe you. I want to divorce you anyway, I don't care about your stupid family having problems with their own company. His number is xxx-xxxx.
Read at 7:14pm

Hyunjin

:Felix
Hey Hyunjin. This is Felix.

Hyunjin:
How'd you get my number?

:Felix
Your sister gave it to me. Anyway, can you come over to my house? I need to talk to you about something important.

Hyunjin:
Okay, what is your address?

:Felix
It's xxxxx.

Hyunjin:
I'll be there in a about 20 minutes.
Read at 7:21pm

    I put my phone down beside me, looking around for a moment. I got up to tidy up the place, not wanting it to look a mess while Hyunjin is staying over. It wasn't an overly the top nice modern-looking house. It was a decent size, but not comparable to what Hyunjin owns. I hoped he wouldn't mind the smaller space.

    Hearing the front door bell ringing, I rushed over. Quickly unlocking and opening the door, revealing Hyunjin on the other side of the door frame. Casual fit with light makeup, but it made him look hot. I gestured him in and watched him look around. He soon looked at my outfit, an oversized hoodie that covered most of my thighs with white knee-high socks. I cleared my throat and his head snapped back up to meet eyes with me, a little embarrassed.

    "Is it too small for you?" I said, my tone a little worried.

    "No, it's fine, " Hyunjin responded, showing a soft smile of reassurance. I nodded, closing the door behind him and locking it.

    "So what did you want to talk about?" His gaze filled with more seriousness.

    "Come on, " I replied quietly, instinctively holding his hand and leading him to the couches. I sat down, and so did he right after. We kept the space between us, as it was a bit awkward after what happened; being in court.

    "So, what I wanted to talk to you about, " I start off, looking straight into his oculars.

    I wanted to talk about something else but this was the perfect timing, Yeji wanted to divorce me. Because of that, I didn't have to worry about being put in jail for adultery. After what happened the last time we were alone, I've never been so high and down bad just because of one person before. I wanted Hyunjin, I wanted him all to myself.

    "I wanted to talk to you about us..." I finished.

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

Author note: Sorry this one took so long to make. I forgot about this and I was busy for a while. I should be able to get out some more chapters soon, as I'm available for that. I just wanted to add, r.i.p to Felix's grandmother. I send my condolences to him an his family. On a happy note, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!