CHAPTER 30 Lineage

Quiet cabin hotel, Edinburgh countryside

"Bonjour à Votre Majesté"

(Hello to Your Majesty)

"Quel est le processus ?"

( What's the process? )

"Je pense que vous avez oublié les manières Votre Majesté!"

(I think you forgot the manners your Majesty!)

He spoke fiercely with no flinch in his eyes on the phone. The king on the other side, taken aback by the man's words, cleared his throat and replied with a forced laugh, "Bonjour." 

The man's face remained stoic. He said nothing more, but his silence spoke volumes. The king, feeling uneasy, repeated his earlier question.

"sera terminé d'ici demain."

(will be done by tomorrow.)

"Demain? Cela fait plus de 3 jours que vous êtes arrivé en Écosse et vous ne pouviez pas encore le faire?"

(Tomorrow?It's been more than 3 days since you arrived in Scotland and you couldn't do this yet?) The King replied in fury.

" Be careful with your tone, His Majesty " he said in a harsh, edgy voice.

The King was enraged. He shouted, "Do not dare speak to me like that! I am the king!"

" And don't you dare forget who I am and what you owe me!" He pounded the table with his fist and glared around the room. All the guards were silent, frozen in fear. He made his point clear. No one else spoke; the only sound was his words echoing in the room. Who was this man ?

" Fuck off!" the king replied after a long pause. The man let out a chuckle and replied,"Your Majesty, manners." 

The king let out a sigh, aware that he wouldn't win this fight. He knew who he was taking to - Alban Vèrany, the most dangerous and powerful man in France. He was known as the 'Godfather' of the French mafia world, with his reach and influence stretching far beyond the borders of France. He had a reputation for being ruthless and intimidating, and all those who saw him knew he was extremely gorgeous.In the beauty of the Lord, a devil lies. He was respected and feared by all who knew him, and his word was law.

The King cleared his throat and said, "D'accord, donnez-vous du temps, mais je veux les voir devant moi, demain." (Okay, give you time, but I want to see them before me tomorrow. )

"Commencez les préparatifs, la Princess sera là demain." (start preparations, the princess will be there tomorrow.)

He hung up the phone.

                              ~~❤️~~

Grace's house, Edinburgh

She took out a file from the same bag. She hesitated for a second before speaking up " while we were searching in Laurent's room , I found this file too . I was astonished when I saw your name written on it and when I opened it..." she paused and gave that file to the utterly confused James sitting beside her.

He opened it and his eyes widened when he looked at his lineage.

Father : King William Ernold ( Scottish Royal )

Mother : Kaylein Transcort ( French Callope Royal)

His eyes were drawn to the words 'Callope' and 'Royal'.

Adverd asked worriedly, "what happened?".

James opened his mouth to speak but couldn't. These words stuck to him like arrows. Grace knew before how James would react once he found out the truth. Anything that could make James feel broken was his past, it was the only thing that could transform a fierce, strong, happy, loving James into a sad, weak, helpless son. And she hated seeing him like that. She snuggled closer and brushed her soft hand over his hair to console him.
" James.."

"How can this be true?"he murmured.

" Grac..e it seems as if my ...whole li.fe was lie. I believed that it was just my father who always lied to me but I never.... thought my mother could also...lie to me."

" James.. there must be some reason she lied to you." Grace said softly, rubbing his back gently.

Taking the file from James, Adverd realized what was happening. he turned the pages further and saw that James' whole maternal lineage was written there.

" Brother its more here, it also mentions your maternal grandfather's name - Gilbert Transcort..." Grace interrupted him.

" I think I have heard this name before."

James turned to her.

" I think he was a friend of my grandfather.. my father once mentioned him." she replied.

"so this means that what is written here might be true, that ... mother Kaylein belonged to Callopes and maybe that's how you are connected to them..... and why they are our enemies since she..died." said Adverd.

James mustered a lot of courage and spoke finally " there is only one person who can tell if all this is true."

" who ?" asked Adverd and Grace in unison.

He took a deep breath and said, "My father."

Adverd asked, "What? Are you sure?" astonished.

James nodded, and turned his gaze to Grace . She looked deep into his eyes , her eyes glowing, as if saying loudly 'you should meet him, I am with you.' James couldn't help but feel a wave of comfort wash over him. A short smile crossed his lips, not enough to crinkle his eyes, but at least he smiled. He knew that with Grace by his side, he could do anything.

" Brother, I don't think it is right to go again to the palace. It is in an alarming situation after Laurent's murder, and they are searching for me."

" I have to meet him. And this time I am not avoiding.I have hidden my whole life.I cannot hide anymore, I need to know everything. I am not scared of anything, we haven't killed Laurent , if you want to hide, go save yourself but I am going there.. directly through doors, no tunnel this time.A son has to meet his father to find out about him. He has to get answers to all his questions, to uncover all the secrets that ruined his childhood. My past has already partially ruined everything now I don't want it to cause us more damage. I must confront my past and finally be free.

I am ready to take this pain....for the last time... after I get to know everything, Chapter closes... FOREVER."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please vote for the story if you are really liking it...