3. keggers and chaos

authors note: hey guys! so throughout this book i will be writing it from the different perspectives of rafe, devonne and jj but will also write it in narration (you know like 3rd person) 

devonnes ootd! 

written from devonnes pov:

before the kegger I went home to change for the party and met the others at the boneyard beach. a few hours later we have 4 keggers (after jj had forgotten to bring it.) around the beach with hundreds of teenagers from all parts of the island. the kooks the tourons and us, the best people here, the pogues. nearby john b is flirting with some tourist chick when kie comes up to me nudging my arm.

"jj found another girl to flirt with apparently. his third one in the last hour." kie says. i look over to the large tree in the boneyard and watch my best friend have his arm around a bleach blonde girl wearing a bright purple sundress while they sip beer and talk about whatever they are talking about. i chug down the rest of my cup and fill 2 more cups up with beer.

i look around the packed beach of teenagers when one of them catches my eye. a cute touron, perfect for bait. i push my long beach wave curly hair behind me and walk over to the guy with the two beers in my hand. i don't really know how to explain his looks. he looks like if louis partridge and theo james had a baby in a good way. I walk towards him more with my nike high tops going through the sand. he turns his head from his friends to me as the 3 boys he was talking to walks away with smirks on they're faces. 

"hey, im devonne I saw you from across the beach, thought I'd say hi." i say while handing him one of the beers. 

"thanks, im kenji. familys staying here for a while. thank you for coming over you saved me those 3 guys I was with? god absolute assholes" says the black curly haired boy while sipping the beer. I look over to the three teens that were with kenji before I came over and recognized them. topper, kelce and some random kook. pretty sure his name was Shawn or something. 

"oh uh haha no problem." I don't know when i drank all of my beer but when I look down at my cup its gone. me and kenji talk for a while and get to know each other. he's not a bad guy, he's here for 9 months because of his moms work so he's gonna go to Kildare high after summers over. he's 16 and loves surfing and reading. just my type of guy. also at this point im half drunk so i wouldn't really care less if he was a psyco murderer, I just need someone to kiss to make the gut pain in my stomach go away every time I look and see jj with a new girl.                                                                me and kenji walk towards the beach a little more towards the light blue sky and i face towards him while his hair is getting softly moved by the wind. I don't even think and I impulsively wrap my arms around the kenji and start kissing him. to my relief he kisses me back putting his arms softly around my waist. not a bad kisser, I thought. but as his eyes are shut mine are looking towards the blue eyed blonde boy with yet again a new girl. this time he's actually kissing her.    wow, this sucks.

JJ's pov: 

kenji bennet. he moved here from california, likes surfing, reading and has a dog, daisy. how do i know all this? eavesdropping. been doing it the past 20 minutes thieve been talking and making out. god, I don't know if I want to be strangling myself or him. probably him. his annoying curly hair and the navy blue shirt he's wearing with devonnes favorite band, the way he hold her waist when kissing her, the way he looks at her when shes speaking even though they've just met pisses me off. I hear a snapping noise coming from next to me and the girl I was speaking to, elia or something tries to get my attention. back to her I guess. 

devonnes pov:

an hours gone by and my interaction with kenji has been a mix of kissing, drinking and talking. he's funny and fun. 

"no yeah same I know what you mean but like Lana del rey is still the goddess of sadness. shes just happy now." I say continuing our conversation. just then I hear a grunt come from the nearby kegger and turn my head to see topper pushing jj around. i get on my feet and run over to the scene. 

"TOPPER STOP WHAT THE FUCK? KIE WHATS GOING ON" I yell through the crowds cheering and toppers attempt at fighting jj. 

"dirty pogues." are the last words I hear from his mouth till john b lunges at him knocking him to the sand. topper gets back up and tackles john b to the ground repeating the same moments until the two teens are in the ocean water. 

"FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT" is all I hear other than the splashing noises coming from the water. 

"ARE YOU GUYS SERIOUSLY NOT GONNA DO ANYTHING?" I yell at the group as they all look with worry in they're eyes for they're friend while topper tries drowning him. I scoff and run towards topper and punch his head from behind as he falls to the ground with John b's worn out body in the sand. 

"jb come on come on" I say highly slapping his cheeks trying to get him up. suddenly a hard hit goes through the side of my head and I fall to the ground but get up fast. 

"you really think I cant take a punch top?" I say laughing wiping the blood off my cheek. around me I can see pope and some other of our other friends holding jj back as he tries lunging at topper. 

"LET ME THE FUCK GO" is all I hear from him. topper tries swinging another punch at me but misses and falls to the sand with a hard impact onto his face.  thinking this would buy me some time i rush over to john b making sure he's alright but was caught off guard when topper grabs me from behind to throw me off of my half brother. jj manages to escape the grip of our friends and rushes to his bad to get something. im thrown onto the ground as he punches me from my head to my chest while I try to get up as his hand is wrapped around my neck pinning me down. I kick his back from the side and make it out just in time before jj clicks the gun at his head. 

"yeah, you know what that is. your move brooks." he says out of breath. from the corner of my eye i see the rest of the beach starting to get empty as the scared teens run away with kie and pope dragging john  out of the water. jj gets up and shoots two bullets into the air saying something I couldn't hear. I try gasping for air as im knelt on the ground with my knees digging into the shell filled sand and water up my throat and clothes and my elbows keeping me balanced. i see jj rushing towards my side and then all of the sudden, everything. went. dark.