viii.

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟴

"𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘸𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘢 𝘧𝘦𝘸 ? '𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘪 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘥𝘰, 𝘮𝘢𝘺𝘣𝘦 𝘪'𝘮  𝘵𝘰𝘰 𝘣𝘶𝘴𝘺 𝘣𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘣𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘯𝘦𝘸" 
- 𝘥𝘰 𝘪 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 ?, 𝘢. 𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘺

✯ ✯ ✯

TW : UNDERAGE DRINKING, EXISTENTIAL CRISIS

The fairy lights outside contrasted with the dark blue sky above our heads. People were scattered around the yard, some laughing and playing in the pool, a few others just putting their feet in the water. A bit were smoking cigarettes against the wall aside so as not to intoxicate others with their smoke. The last ones were on deck chairs looking at the night sky at the back of the yard.

I decided to just watch the scenery, not feeling like joining anyone. I sat on one of the many outdoor cousins that belonged to Cameron's family. I could still hear the faint music from my position but it was much quieter than in the middle of the dance floor.

"Can I sit down ?" A soft voice broke my thoughts.

Blue eyes met green and I nodded.

"What are you doing alone ?" Hailee asked, looking at the group of friends splashing around in the pool.

"Just wanted to enjoy the calm outside I guess" I shrugged as a girl was thrown into the pool, earning a laugh from us.

"Yeah, totally calm" She playfully commented.

"It was till you showed up" I sent a wide smile in her direction. She just chuckled at my childish act.

"Go easy on the drinks, I don't wanna do all the work tomorrow" She glanced at the drink resting in my hand.

I smirked as I took a big sip.

She shook her head, taking her eyes of mine to watch the starry sky while I never looked away. I know I shouldn't be doing this, mainly because it's rude to check out someone, at least from this close, but especially because it's a girl.

I realized my feelings for both genders a long time ago, but there's a huge difference between knowing and accepting. But looking at her, her green eyes that appeared more pistachio than emerald under the fairy lights, her raven hair that seemed to lighten tonight, her makeup as beautiful as ever and those cheekbones on full display, everything felt right.

I really need to sober up, or drown my thoughts. I glanced at the drink in my hand, already feeling that I had made my choice for tonight, even if I'd regret it tomorrow.

"You're staring", she informed me, never once taking her eyes off the stars.

"How do you know I'm not looking at that guy over there ?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

She finally rested her gaze on me. "Because it's not the first time"

"Well," I started as I played with my glass, "we seem to be going around in circles Sanders 'cause I ain't the only one" I informed her as I played with my glass.