Chapter Four: Foggy

Whitty couldn't believe his eyes at what he'd come into contact with. He didn't think things were already this bad. He thought that the only people who were corrupted were the ones at the mall! How were there Corruptions in town already?

Despite it not being one of the two friends he was looking for, Whitty knew full well who the Corruption in front of him once was. A teenage Digidevil named AGOTI. Back when Whitty was still known as Rock Boom, the Digidevil was always at his concerts. He was what they called a superfan, constantly asking him for autographs and music advice. Before he knew it, AGOTI was doing his own music under the name The Prince of Darkness. He turned out to be just as much of if not an even bigger hit than Whitty had been as Rock Boom. However, suddenly, his music ceased to be. Whitty couldn't say for sure but it was likely that the Dearests shut down AGOTI's shows like they had done to his own.

The teenager was always a bit too hyper for Whitty's tastes. Still, no one deserved to be a Corruption.

"So, they got you too..." Whitty grit his teeth as he glared the Corruption down.

"No idea what you're talking about. If anything, they enhanced me." the Corruption grinned with sharper than usual teeth. "You know, I never got to thank you. For enhancing ME all those years ago."

"What the hell are you talking about?!" Whitty cursed; fists clenched tightly at his sides.

"Isn't it obvious? You inspired me, Whitty. You're the reason I ever became The Prince of Darkness. All of those superfans I got, that fame, that attention - it was all because of you."

"So what? Doesn't matter. The Dearests shut us down in the end. Get bigger than them and they'll crush your dreams."

The Corruption started to flick his bright magenta claws.

"True. I can't wait to make them pay for that! Them...and HER!" AGOTI glanced back at the bomb head. "I'm sure you feel the same way. Don't you want to see them suffer for what happened to you?"

Whitty would be lying if he said he didn't want revenge against the Dearests. They had taken him in when he was young and helpless. They earned his trust. They even made him feel like a part of their family by raising him alongside their daughter. He even grew to see Pauline as his real sister. They raised him up with them - got Whitty excited about music. Then he failed to complete one song and everything started falling like dominos.

It wasn't fair. It wasn't right! The one set of people he thought he could trust had turned out to be nothing but backstabbers who kept him around so long as they made money from him!!

Still, he would never hurt Pauline. She was innocent in all of that. Nothing but a child who blindly listened to her parents. That was why he could never attack her even when she and Rio were being so aggravating during their rap battle. And that was why Whitty could never seek revenge against her parents.

"I'm not going to become what they wanted me to be."

Whitty's response was short and to the point. As the bomb head was turning to leave, however, he felt a cold hand on his shoulder.

Instincts kicked in and the ex-rockstar heated up his body to make the intruder get burned and retract their hand.

"Hey!! That hurt! That's not how you treat a friend!!"

"Friend?! You were never a friend. Not even before you were like this!!" Whitty snapped, orange eyes glowing with irritation. "All you were to me is an obsessed fanboy!"

"An obsessed fanboy?! I made it bigger than you! At least I didn't abandon my fans right before a concert because I couldn't handle myself! Don't you realize how disrespectful you were, leaving hundreds of fans hanging?!"