Horizons | Steve Hackett #1

A/N:

Hi,

My first Genesis fanfic! I couldn't find any here, so I decided to write my own.

Anyway I don't think it's the best thing I've ever written, but as for first time about them not that bad. If you liked it or just have anything to say, leave a comment, any advice would be useful, I'd also love to know your opinions about this story. Anyway hope you'll have a good fun!

Love

June

When Steve returned from the tour you were very much looking forward to spending some time together again, whatever you say talking on the phone is not the same as sitting next to him, looking into his blue eyes, combing your hand through his hair or hearing his sweet voice - these things were irreplaceable.

In the meantime, however, he completely surprised you by telling you that he had booked a cottage for you in a small seaside town. He said he wanted to somehow make up for the fact that you were spending far less time together than he wanted you to do, and thought it would be a good break from the city for the two of you. You never blamed him for his absences from home, he loved playing in a band, touring was part of his dream job. Of course you didn't like it when he wasn't home, but seeing little mentions of Genesis in the papers made you realise that all his commitment was worth it.

Either way, this week just the two of you could have been a great opportunity to catch up on all that time while he was away and you were busy with your work.The whole journey to the town would have gone almost without a hitch if it wasn't for the fact that you got lost a good five times in the meantime, but you were in too good a mood to be terribly concerned about it, instead you just tried to laugh it off until you finally made it there.The town where you were to spend the next week was not very touristy, which you liked very much because you wanted a quiet place.

You spent most of the days by the sea, and once Steve even persuaded you to go into the water (or more culturally forced you, as he took you in his arms and carried you to the sea), which turned out to be very cold, so you quickly escaped to your blanket without risking ending up like Steve, who looked very frozen after you left.

Your evenings, on the other hand, were passed either walking around the small town and sitting in the only café where several of the same couples sat next to you every day, who were also looking for peace and quiet in this place.

Then you would return to the cottage, where you would play board games, watch TV, listen to records, Steve would play guitar for you, or you would just talked in sometimes serious, other times completely humorous way before falling asleep in his arms.

Each day passed without a worry, just full of sunshine and fun.

However, on your penultimate day in the town, when you woke up it was raining outside the windows. So you were left to stay inside. This did not mean, of course, that the rest of your day did not pass wonderfully. All day you played all the card games you could think of, and then each of you busied yourself with something else. You picked up the book you were going to finish, while he was writing greetings on the postcard you wanted to send to your friends in London. When he finished he walked over to you and sat down on the sofa, putting his arm around you.

"Why don't we go for a walk? It's stopped raining, the weather seems much better. By the way we'll send the postcard."

"Sure." you replied immediately, kissing his forehead affectionately, which meant you could almost see the slight blush on his face, making you smile. "Then let's go, beautiful views await us."

You stood up and headed for the door. You took an umbrella just in case, but when you saw the acoustic guitar carried by Steve you raised an eyebrow.

"We're not going for a casual walk, are we?" You asked, already knowing he had a plan, and he lifted his shoulders resignedly.