꒰ ͜͡➸ lazy day

————————

-mountain !

-fluff <3

-944 words!

-lazy day but also
sick fic

- requested by
@/SazrothTheGhoul !
(sick name wtf)

————————

you grumbled as you woke up, feeling something scratchy in your throat. you tried to clear it, to no avail. another grumble sounded from your throat as you realized your seasonal allergies were bad today, making you not want to do anything.

"you alright, love?" mountain whispered softly, kissing the shell of your ear after. "can't fuckin' breathe." you graveled out, coughing after. mountain frowned behind you, hearing the sickness in your voice. "can i do anything for you?" mountain asked. "tissues, nasal spray, fuckin' painkillers, and cuddles."

you didn't mean to sound demanding or bossy, mountain knew that. all thoughts of being polite left your mind when you were this sick, much to your dismay.

mountain hummed, kissing your cheek before slipping out of bed and rushing to the catacomb kitchens.

the earth ghoul smiled softly to himself as he could practically hear all of your future apologies for being so rude while you felt bad. mountain would always tell you that he knew you didn't mean it and that he still loved you—no amount of sickness would push him away from you.

you groggily opened your eyes as mountain walked back into your room, wincing at the sunlight shining through the sheer curtains. mountain hastily apologized, pulling the blackout curtains together and closing the window so no more pollen could get into the room.

mountain's room was the only one with windows in the catacombs due to him being much more involved with plants than any of the other earth ghouls. after you moved in with him, mountain took all of the plants you were allergic to out of his room and to the green house. his room looked a lot more bare, but mountain was pleased to have it filled back up with your things.

"here you go," mountain whispered, giving you some tylenol and a glass of water. you downed the pill quickly, your nose clearing up a bit from drinking the water. your throat certainly felt a lot better too.

mountain handed you your nasal spray next, turning around and covering his ears since he knew you didn't like to have an audience when you took that medicine.

he wouldn't dare tell you that he could hear you through his closed ears, though. it's not like he imprinted the sound of your sniffling into his mind—mountain always blocked you out enough to not hear you but know when you were done with the spray.

mountain turned around when he felt your hand on his back, smiling softly at you. you opened your arms, a soft whining coming from you. mountain laughed quietly, climbing into your arms and going to wrap his own around you. though, you stopped him.

you grabbed mountain's hand and put it on your face right over your sinuses. mountain sighed softly, knowing what you were asking for.

"love, you know that's a new part of my affinity that i'm not practiced with." mountain frowned, grazing his thumb under your eyes. the hopeful glint in your irises faded slightly. "you help more than you realize, mounty." you mumbled, letting your head fall onto the pillow, your eyes closing.

mountain watched you for a few moments, hearing you gentle wheezing as your stuffed sinuses prevented your breathing from being smooth and quiet.

the earth ghoul sighed, nudging you to sit up as he grabbed a few tissues and layered them together.

your eyes showed relief as you grabbed the folded up tissues, placing them under your nose after. you looked at mountain with a thankful smile, getting a playful eye roll back.

mountain gently pressed his thumbs just under the inner corner of your eyes, closing his eyes and focusing. a few moments later you felt the pressure in your face start to relieve.

you pressed the folded tissues closer to your nose as fluid poured from your nostrils. it was gross, but it was the only way this worked.

after a minute or two, you nodded. mountain had gotten more out of your sinuses than he had ever before, and it showed on his face. he was tired from using a newly discovered part of his affinity.

you bundled up the tissues and tossed them into the trash can by the bed, smiling at mountain after.

"thank you. you did fantastic, mounty." you praised. mountain laughed breathlessly, nodding as his eyes slipped closed. he leaned forward, pressing his forehead into the crook of your neck as he hugged you.

"i hate learning new parts of my affinity." mountain mumbled, still breathing heavily. "i know, mounty. but like i said, you did great. you got a lot more than you've ever done." you whispered, albeit huskily, before pressing a kiss to mountain's shoulder. mountain hummed appreciatively, hugging you tighter.

you both sat in silence for a few moments as you weaved your fingers into the hair at the nape of mountain's neck, giving him a soft massage.

"we're having a lazy day." you stated after a minute or two, laying back and dragging mountain on top of you. mountain laughed softly, settling himself on you as he buried his face into the crook of your neck again. you closed your eyes, enjoying the closeness of you two.

it was serene for a moment again, but mountain ruined it.

your eyes opened as you felt mountain start to press kisses into your neck, nipping a few times.

"mountain." you stated. "hm?" the earth ghoul hummed, clearly knowing what he was doing. "i feel like someone is stabbing two knives into my face and craning them further into my skull. we are not doing anything."

mountain laughed.

_