Chapter 1: Sunny

Sunny sighed against the closed door. Her eyes slowly resting as she reached the couch. Taking her stained uniform apron off, she slouched across not caring if someone magicallly walked in and found her in that state. How long could she actually do this? Two jobs back to back and still she isn't going anywhere with her life. Still the same flat. Still the same city . Still the same problems. Her eyes fell slowly thinking about today.

She glossed over the first shift with ease as the nightmarish torment of the other craved in. Not only did that place open till the very last second, it was on the worst street Gotham had to offer. A street were crime reached every corner and the most venumous people lived. Who also enjoyed dining at Sunny's place of work. It was ironically close by crime alley and ironically the area Sunny grew up in.

"I'm changing shifts next month" she confessed to her coworker as they started their work break. Darcy, a middle age women with a pixie cut and dungarees , rolled her eyes taking a breath of smoke "You said that last month and the time before. Face it. You are either just gonna have to cope with Saturdays or get a new one" Sunny complained "I know. But you know I hate Saturdays and I can't cope anymore. Besides it was hard enough finding this job let alone trying to get another" she kindly took Darcys offer of the ciggerette and explained "People just want amazing experience and they just see me as useless"

"Hey" Darcy shook her head "Don't put yourself down. Why can't you're other work help ya out? Aren't they alright?" Sunny explained even though it was better the managers weren't the sweetest. There wasn't any other dates she could possible do unless someone got fired.

"Have you tried finding others" Darcy asked wondering if the girl had been looking around.

Sunny blew some smoke "Yeah... kinda ... if they take one good look at my cv they would laugh" She laughed subtly "It's not like they want a drop out who became a waitress"

"Well, I guess it shows your dedication" Darcy joked before they headed inside once more. The nineteen year old slowly turned to the clock and felt the exhustion already. So many hours until she could hit her head on the bed and sleep. Putting her apron on she went out onto the battle field.

"I'm sorry we don't have that in at the moment"

"I'm sorry I'll tell the chef"

"Can you please not shout at me"

"Sunny" The chef ordered her over. "You tell those guys this food is completely fine" Sunny looked down at the gross mess which was supposed to be burgers and chips. She bit her lip slowly turning with the tray towards the group of men. They all looked at her noticing the tray hadn't change. "The chef believes the food is perfectly fine"

"Well you tell the chef he must have something wrong with him" The main guy spoke "Because this looks like a state"

"I understand sir-"

"Should we go to the back" another man mentioned. Though the situation could turn tense, Sunny only rolled her eyes as they continued talking about their plans. It was a daily thing where these thugs would talk about which member of staff they take on, who they could joke around with , or even flirt away on. Sunny just ignored the comments as she knew these guys were just always bored. And to be honest, on her boring shifts she would mess around with them.

Accidentally losening the salt bottles, forgetting to put the mop signs up, even saying the toilets were getting done at that moment.

She laughed as she got cosier in her couch. Her old watch, could be from the early 2000s? , beeped letting her know she needed to get ready for bed. Double checking her phone she sighed before she began her nightly retouine "It's Saturday. You don't need to pick him up until tomorrow. It's tomorrow. It's tomorrow" Sunny stood as the warm shower water bounced off of her. Though it was a delight she couldn't spend too much time imagining with her shower thoughts. Unless she wanted to imagine cheaper bills when the papers came through.

She went into her bedroom, her bed taking up most of the space, with old posters and clothes everywhere and collapsed. Having enough energy to see if there were any messages from her phone before waking up tomorrow and having the same depressing day. She sometimes wished she could glance through instagram or google good takeaway spots instead of her brick of a phone staring back. She sighed looking at the ceiling as she just turned her light off. Begining to hear the riot of Gotham below.

This couldn't be it?

Sunny thought about what she could do to try and make things better. New job, get some friends, even have a night to go out? But her responsibilities always stalked her. She couldn't get away from ... him. At times Sunny wished she just ran away. Out of Gotham and to a place full of... life?

But that would never happen.

Not to Sunny at least.