Part 2: Chapter 9

Characters from the games and creepypastas in this book do not belong to me. This story will have blood, profanity at times, and as I continue writing it there may be more warnings.

comments = me happy = I'm motivated to write

—————
"C'mon (name)! Let's go in!" Cherry said with excitement.
"O-ok," (name) said a bit apprehensively, not sure if the mansion was a safe place or not.
Grabbing (name) by the hand though, Cherry gave (name) enough confidence to enter through the towering dark doors.
Inside the mansion, (name) found herself as the subject of stares. The room in front of her was wide and felt endless. The old mahogany floors were covered in a small layer of dust and they creaked under the movements of the house's residents. At the end of the room was a large staircase lit by ancient metallic lanterns; at the top of it was the empty void of a hallway. Seeing it and sensing the bloodlust coming from it, (name) instinctively knew to avoid the upper floor of the mansion.
On the main floor, the staircase split the room into two sides. The right side led to a dim hallway. The left side led to an open concept floor containing a living room with a maroon couch from which (name) was receiving glares.
Looking over the back of the couch and inspecting their visitor were four strangers. All the way on the left of the couch was a brown-haired boy with a mouthguard, orange tinted goggles, and a faded blue and brown jacket. Beside him was a boy who looked very similar to Gold; he had the same face, hair, and hat, but unlike Gold he had eyes and limbs... or rather one eye and from what (name) could see, only one arm. The third person on the couch had a bright white mask with two black eyeholes and a red smile; this person was the only of the four to not have a hood or hat over his head, instead letting his messy dark hair and mask cover his face. The final person on the couch was wearing a dark grey jacket and a dark blue mask with black ooze dripping out of the empty eyeholes of the mask.
Uncomfortable with the stares, (name) tried to ignore them as she continued to look around the room. Past the living room was a small kitchen accompanied by an endless table that could seat at least 100 people. The chair at the head of the table was taller and more comfortable looking than the rest.
I wonder who sits there... (name) thought to herself before being dragged out of her thoughts.
"Who's that?" The boy with the tinted goggles asked, interrupting the silence and pulling (name) out of her head.
"I told you earlier, Toby, she's Cherry's friend," Ben said as he slid down the railing of the staircase.
"Ben, can you... I don't know, ELABORATE FURTHER?" The boy called Toby said, twitching once midway through his speech.
"He's right, Ben. All you said before was, and I quote, 'Cherry's showing up with her friend but she already knows about us so don't kill her,'" the boy with the blue mask added.
"... fine," Ben whined a bit. "This is (name), Lost's girlfriend. Happy now?"
"See it would've been easier if you started with that," Toby sighed before getting up and walking up to (name). "So you're Lost's girlfriend... good luck with the whole 'approval' process."
"Thanks?" (Name) responded in a way that sounded more like a question.
"... Gold got a girlfriend?" Gold's doppelgänger asked aloud.
"Yeah, she's standing right here," Ben retorted.
"..." the look-alike got off the couch and hopped over to (name) with his one leg. "If you know Gold, I assume you know Steven and Glitchy?"
"Yeah... why?" (Name) gave the other boy a confused looked.
"... wanna join the bet?"
"What bet?"
"Me, Gold, Journey, Silver, Blue Tears, and a few of the others all wrote down when we think Steven and Glitchy are going to get married. Whoever gets the closest date gets $500."
"How long has this been going?!"
"Well they started dating when Gold , Journey, and I were 12 and the bet didn't exist until they were dating for a year so... four years now."
"... and they haven't found out?!" (Name) stifled a laugh.
"Nope," the boy grinned. "(Name), right?"
"That's me."
"Go get approved and when you see Gold, tell him 'Blake says hi.' I got to go right now and you probably shouldn't stall too much... so next time we meet, you can add your guess to the ballot."
"Well, time to go, (name)," Ben and Cherry said as they latched arms with (name)'s.
"Bye Gold's look-alike whose name I think is Blake," (name) said as she got dragged away.
~~~
Led by Ben and Cherry, (name) went down the dim hallway on the other side of the stairs.
The floors were decorated with lush velvet red carpet and the walls were covered with a mixture of mahogany wood and dark walnut wood. At the end of the hallway was a giant double door with huge metal doorknobs and a rustic door knocker.
Stopping in front of it, Ben and Cherry turned to (name).
"Good luck," the two said in sync.
"Knock on the door when you're ready... just don't wait forever," Cherry smiled warmly before hugging (name) and walking away with Ben.
Once it was just (name) and the door, (name) decided to knock. Grabbing the old door knocker and pounding on the door twice, she waited until the door eventually opened to reveal an office room.
Across from her and on the other side of the large desk was a tall swivel-chair with its back turned towards (name)
"Come in, take a seat," a whirring voice said directly into (name)'s brain.
—————
940 words!