Part 2: Chapter 14

Characters from the games and creepypastas in this book do not belong to me. This story will have blood, profanity at times, and as I continue writing it there may be more warnings.

comments = me happy = I'm motivated to write

—————
Monday, December 27 (1 day ago).
(Name) was in her bedroom in her house binging short form videos on social media before she looked up and saw Glitchy and Steven approaching from the woods. Nervous that they would just walk on in, forgetting that her parents exist, (name) decided to head outside.
Going down the stairs and avoiding the empty  bottles of beer and alcoholic beverages that covered more than half the floor because her father refused to clean his mess, (name) snuck out the front door unnoticed. She was lucky her mother wasn't home and that her father was passed out in his chair, otherwise she wouldn't have been able to escape with such ease.
Once outside, (name) ran around to the side of the house she saw Glitchy and Steven approaching from. At first she didn't notice them as they were still hidden within the foliage of the woods, but then the reds and whites of their hats caught (name)'s eye.
"Hi... why are you guys here? Did something bad happen?" (Name) instantly assumed the worst.
"Nothing bad happened, (name)," Steven told her, trying to prevent a panic.
"We're just here to deliver a note from Gold," Glitchy added.
"Oh... wait, is he feeling better?!" (Name) exclaimed.
"He's been officially recovered since yesterday. Here," Steven handed the note to (name).
"Thanks. I would've dropped by yesterday if I knew he was all better, why didn't you tell me?"
"He told us to wait on telling you," Glitchy informed her.
"Ok..." (name) said before wondering why Gold would tell them to do that.
"Well, we've done our part. We'll be heading back now, maybe now that Gold is better we can resume our usual board game meet ups," Steven said.
"Bye guys. And thank you for delivering this!" (Name) waved at them.
"Mhm, bye (name)," Steven said.
"Bye," Glitchy also said.
Both of the boys then disappeared back into the woods from which they came, leaving (name) standing there with the note. Impatient about reading it, (name) decided to look at it then and there rather than wait until she was back inside.
Unfolding it, she was met with Gold's familiar messy writing:
Dear (Name),
Sorry we haven't been able to hang out too much, especially since we missed the holidays. :(
Can you meet me tomorrow at the clearing where we had our first date? If your answer is 'yes,' I'll see you there at 4:00pm.
Love,
Gold
(Name) quickly tapped her phone to see the time. It was 7:15 PM. Having not seen Gold in weeks, (name) decided she would go to bed early to make the hours pass by faster. She ran back into her house and up the stairs to her room.
Placing down the note on her desk and plugging in her phone, (name) changed into her pajamas and then rushed to the bathroom to brush her teeth and get ready for bed.
By 7:45 PM, (name) was in her bed forcing herself to sleep even though she wasn't tired
~~~
December 28, 1:00 PM.
(Name) got out of bed after a restless night. She had been so excited for today, that she only got a few hours of rest at most.
Wanting to pass the time more, (name) decided to take a long hot shower.
When she had finished her shower, she got dressed in a cute solid gray sweater and some more or less dressy jeans. Finishing up in the bathroom, (name) slipped on her nice boots, grabbed her phone, and checked the time again; 2:00 PM.
The hike to the location of her first date with Gold was around 1 hour away, meaning (name) had 55 minutes to spare if she wanted to have extra time to get lost
Binging more short form videos on social media to pass the time, 55 minutes eventually passed by and (name) decided it was time to leave.
Rushing out her room and down the stairs, (name) left her house and went into the woods before her parents could even notice her.
It had been a while since she had taken this familiar hike; it had a sense of foreignness now. The path, while still present from the many other times she had walked through this part of the woods, was coated in frost and the large webs of spiders laced in frozen droplets of water that had crystallized on the surface.
Pushing through the life that had begun to take back the trail, (name) eventually made her way to the clearing with the rock. That meant she was a little more than 10 minutes away from where she had her first date with Gold.
Going past the tiny stream and deeper into the woods, (name) continued on for a few minutes. She had to pause a few times to remember the way to the location, but at 4:03 PM she arrived in the clearing where she had her first date with Gold.
(Name) looked around. The clearing was empty.
No people or anything other than a pile of sticks and rocks that was not here last time.
"Hello?" (Name) called out. There was no response.
She checked the time on her phone, she wasn't too early. She was late.
"Hello? Gold?" She called out again, thinking maybe Gold was hiding or maybe he was late too.
Looking around the clearing, (name) spun in a circle before walking to the pile of sticks and rocks to examine it.
Staring at it, she didn't notice the movement behind her. Then, a pair of arms gently wrapped (name) in a hug from behind.
The warm voice of the hands' owner spoke softly into (name)'s ear. "G-guess who?"
—————
957 words.