Chapter 2: Well-Known and Popular

Yeonjun didn't know why (or didn't realize it), but he was well-known and popular at his school.

Maybe it was because of all the sports he played, or it was because he was ranked number one in his grade.

But he didn't care.

You were also well-known, but for the wrong reasons. People began to bully you when you started talking about the voice in your head to Yeonjun. You nor he neither knew how it spread, but soon the whole school knew about it.

People always ask Yeonjun why he, a high-school senior, is friends with the school's crazy girl, a junior. Yeonjun always replies: "Her mom told me to protect her when she's away, and that's what I'm doing."

Some people find it sweet, others call it weird, but Yeonjun doesn't care.

After Yeonjun was talking with one of his teammates, he walked outside to the area where you told him to meet you. It was at the large tree at the front of the school.

Now, Yeonjun didn't say much, nor was he a loud talker; completely the opposite of you. Once you saw Yeonjun, you waved him over. He smiled, waving back.

"How was your day so far, Mr. Choi?" you grinned. "Same old, same old." Yeonjun replied, "What about you, Miss Im?"

"Same old, same old. Getting whispered behind my back in the hallways still!"

You found all of this bullying funny, but Yeonjun didn't. If it was one thing he cared about, it was protecting his friends. He always asked if he could help stop the bullying, but you always declined.

You and Yeonjun started making the journey home when you recalled what happened yesterday. "Ooh, you want to know something interesting?" you asked. "Sure," replied the boy.

"Did you know my mother came to pick me up yesterday?"

"Wait," Yeonjun stopped in his tracks, chuckling and having trouble believing. "The Im Yoona picked you up from therapy yesterday?"

"Yes! That surprised me too!" you smiled but then frowned. "But she's still disappointed in me."

"Why do you say that?"

"She wants that voice in my head to go away! She doesn't like her daughter is supposedly talking about a place that doesn't exist: it's embarrassing for a scientist. No one else believes me either."

Yeonjun became interested when you first started talking about the voice. He wished he believed in Earth too, but for some reason, he felt something was preventing him.

With the two stopped in their tracks, the boy reached to grab your head but hesitated and pulled back. "You know I wish I could believe you about Earth, Y/n, but I can't."

You smiled, but it was sad. "Well, at least you try. Thanks, Yeonjun."

"Anytime." the boy said. "Are you coming over for dinner tonight?"

You shook your head. "My mom is home tonight. She's cooking dinner, but I think she has to leave again soon. I forgot when."

"Oh, okay." Yeonjun secretly wished you came over today, but it was fine, "Let's continue to walk; I don't want our parents to yell at us."

You laughed; it was the first time Yeonjun heard you laugh this week. "Yes, let's go."

—————
I said I was going to publish this chapter on the next day, but I said that 2 days ago. My bad lol.
Thanks for reading, and don't forget to vote and follow!