𝟐𝟎 | 𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

visual representation of the dress, however feel free to imagine it as you wish !

𝐀𝐃𝐑𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐀 𝐀𝐋𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐙

I should've not been so foolish to believe that the universe was actually on my side for once in my entire life.

Instead, I've been left extremely disappointed with everything and everyone on this earth as I hear my father entering the house, a ray of cursing flowing from his mouth.

I drop my mother's frail hand as I admire her peaceful stance as she lays in her bed, wishing I was her in this very moment - paralysed, numb, expressionless.

However, my reality consists of my father wishing to spite me every living moment in his dull life. Who knew a man could grow up with such a need to hate in his life?

A pathetic one, that's who.

I lean over the white railing on the side of the bed, placing a soft peck on my mother's forehead as I mentally prepare myself to face such wrath that'll come in approximately two minutes.

As I make my way down the spiral stairs, the view of my brother's rather annoyed looking face comes into view. Andrés notices me, and his eyes practically tell me all I need to know - Do not come down.

I do anyway.

I make it down the stairs, and the closer I get to the storm the louder the comments get until finally, he spots me.

"What the fuck did you think you were doing?" My father waddles to me, attempting to accompany it with his pride but miserably fails. His huffing and puffing is getting on everybody's nerves, I notice as I scan his pathetic bodyguards and my brother.

Suddenly, my father raises a hand as to which I'm surprised. He never does something so aggressive in front of his minions, he'd much rather carry on this loving persona that he's shown through the years. Which in reality, it's pointless for him to do as I'm certain that the whole city can hear our daily arguments that he most often starts.

Like I said, he's pathetic.

"You lift your hand at me again, and I will gladly make sure you have none." I perk a brow up as I stare at how his expression quickly changes, like he's been drawn back to reality.

Amidio masks his anger with amusement just quick enough to pretend that nothing happened a few seconds prior. "Sad that you were never able to stand up for yourself earlier, isn't that right?" He hums proudly, as if making fun of a seven year old kid is a good thing to do.

"My words are still very much standing, you continue talking and your tongue will vanish along with your wrinkly hands." I scoff, my eyes leaving his narrowed eyes as he takes in my words. My father has no business trying to dominate my actions nor decisions anymore, and when he tries he poorly fails.

"You have a dinner with Lorenzo at ten tonight. If you're late, you'll make us all seem like fools."

"You do that anyway." I wave my hand in his face and immediately I can sense his ego and pride being bruised, leaving him angry and agitated just by my presence.

Good, he can fuck off now.

As fast as I made it downstairs, I maintain that speed to get my ass upstairs so I can hide the velvet box that Nikolai so kindly sent me in a definitely not so creepy way.

His break-in has made me realise that I need to up my security ten times than it already has been. Seemingly my men can't walk around without being told to do their job and stay guard of the house. I thought I hired good men, however I have been proven wrong.