Part nine

Connection

I have heard yelling for now 30 minutes, soon after Lexa left my room. I heard few guards steps walk towards the throne room, to where Lexa stormed off, Titus following after her, telling something in their language. After I heard the throne room door close, I left my room, knowing Gustus went there as well. I went to the door listening closely.

"Won gon em was ai bro" A mans voice called out, he sounded pissed. Looking for revenge, almost. "Osir will don our revenge" the familiar voice of the woman I so know came trough the door echoing. Revenge? Why should they need revenge."Osir will attack in tu dais" Lexa said "Jus drein jus daun" Everyone in the throne room started to shout.

Revenge, attack? What the hell happened. The door opened and everyone's expression turned to me, I smiled awkwardly. Lexa shifted from her throne, noticing me. "She is one of them." A man came storming to my direction with his sword, what I have learned from training with Lexa, I took the long candle holder and stopped the sword from killing me. "Nou" I heard Lexa yell out. The man looked over "heda" he whispered "She is not to be harmed" she told him and slid her sword into his stomachs and watched him fall to his kneels. "Take him and leave. All of you" She said, I started to head out as well "No you, Willow" Lexa said.

As everyone left the room, I stared at Lexa, not in a creepy way. "Attack? Revenge? Please don't tell me you're planning attack?" I asked her "how dare you listen to a meeting you were not welcomed to!" Lexa said unhappy "My people have not done anything wrong!" I yelled at her "Nothing wrong? They burned 300 of my warriors alive" She said "Yes! Trying to defend themselves! You send them there to kill them, what else were they supposed to do?" I yelled throwing my hands in the air "maybe, but they had no reason to attack unarmed civilians of a village, killing 18 of them, kids as well. So are you still saying they were defending themselves?" Lexa said surprisingly calm "No, no they would never!" I said, shocked "They did or rather Finn did. Ring any bells?" She asked me, hands behind her back "He must have had a reason, he would- he would never." I started to question myself, how would I know I hardly know these people. "He did and now your people will pay the consequences for his action's" she said "We leave in a hour" Lexa said as she left me alone in the throne room.

We were riding horses, leaving Polis, thousand of grounders marching to fight and win. We collected even more warriors as we reached more villages. I was riding the same horse as Lexa, cause I don't know how to and they didn't quit trust me not to ride alone. I was supposed to ride with Gustus, but Lexa insisted I would ride with her. "I know you don't want to hear this, Lex, but I don't see why should all the people need to pay for one man's actions." I said, whispering so she could only hear, while holding around her waist "This is our way" She said just as quite "Maybe, but it doesn't mean it's right." I said, but had no response, I decided to rest my head  against her shoulder, I felt her tense a little "It's alright, Lexa" I comforted her, I should hate her, but I can't bring myself to do so. If anything I can't hate no one here. I like to think I understand their ways.

Soon we reached our destination and people started to make camp, it was close to one of the ships. It looks like part of the ark. It is ark. They brought part of the ark to the ground. I was in Lexas tent, alone with her. She was fixing her war paint. "Are you mad?" She asked me. "I should be, but I am not" I said and that made her look at me, I walked to her throne where she sat at. "I just wished the innocent shouldn't have to pay for someone's mistakes" I said "No one is innocent." She stated "Maybe not. But now they are paying for a crime they didn't do. We should try and be better, save our humanity." I said "So are you suggesting that those 18 deaths go unnoticed?" She asked me, still sitting down. "No. I'm saying Finn should pay for his and no one else gets hurt." I said looking down on her as she looked up on me."And what about my 300 warriors that were burned alive" she started "do their death not get avenged?" She asked me "They already went to a war, that they lost. They died protecting everyone else. They died as warriors." I explained and she took my words in "besides if jus drein jus daun is all we know, it's gonna lead everyone to death. Is that what we really want?" I asked her

"don't we deserve better?" I asked again, cause before I didn't answer. I tried to get an eye contact from her, but her eyes were looking somewhere else. Somewhere below my eyes. My lips "maybe we do." She said, pulling my waist towards her with her right arm and with the left one, pulling my face softly towards her own. We were in inches away from each other, she looked at me, like asking for permission. I nodded and connected our lips. I positioned myself on her lap. We didn't break the kiss, not even to catch a breath, it was like if we would let go, we would be separated. Which none of us wanted.

"Heda-" I pulled away when I heard someone call out for Lexa, I quickly got up and straightened my posture. I looked at the tents entrance and saw Indra stand there. "Clarke from sky people has arrived." Indra said avoiding what she just saw "bring her in" Lexa ordered. Clarkes alive and soon she'll know I am too.