P O P P Y🐓

"Perhaps the most frantic, frazzled, and feathered neighbor in Welcome Home, Poppy Partridge is the resident chicken so-to-speak. From a sprained beak to sunburnt feathers, she always thinks about the worst outcome of a pleasant situation. Then again, it never hurts to have a neighbor with a band aid on hand."

Old scripts outlined that Poppy had lived with her family in a nest that had been tucked away in a tree hollow deep within the forest but that she would eventually outgrow to a staggering degree

Old scripts outlined that Poppy had lived with her family in a nest that had been tucked away in a tree hollow deep within the forest but that she would eventually outgrow to a staggering degree. She would move into an empty barn in Home, of which she would give a bird's touch.

Poppy insisted she could fly in some iterations of her dialogue, most notably in her journey to Home, but there was no evidence of this through out the show's run. It is also not clear what kind of bird she is, as she has stated she is a "bit of a flamingo on her father's side and a bit of a hen on her mother's side." She has also noted, "it's hard to keep track of a family tree... A lot of birds fit in trees, you know."

Poppy's puppet is a walk around puppet that concept work noted had stood at around eight feet tall, but photographs surrounding her height have yet to be uncovered. Poppy was rarely seen outside of her barn, typically being visited by neighbors instead. Many of her segments focused on baking, (although she has been shown knitting) but she did not have a live-hand counterpart, so other puppets were often doing her work for her in various skits. Illustrations note that some possible assistants were Frank, Eddie, Howdy, and Sally. Within the context of the show, this was because she was too scared to use appliances.

 Within the context of the show, this was because she was too scared to use appliances