Chapter 16: Lights, Camera, Action!

Taehyun groaned as his eyes slowly opened. His head was spinning as his surroundings gradually came into focus. He noticed that he was back in the studio.

He went to move before he felt tug of a chain. He turned around and saw his wrists bound together with a chain attaching him to the wall.

"What the..." He mumbled tugging harder.

"Good you're awake." A voice said along with a pair of footsteps.

Taehyun looked ahead of him as his eyes widened. "Chase?"

Chase smirked approaching him. "Surprised to see me?"

"How did you- you should locked up right now!" Taehyun said with a glare on his features.

"Ah yes I should be, but I'm not." Chase crossed his arms.

"How did you escape?" Taehyun hissed, gritting his teeth.

"I have my ways. You should know it wasn't hard to escape that shithole of a house."

Taehyun's jaw clenched. He needed to get free and warn the others.

"I suppose you're a bit confused as to why you're not dead right now." Chase said looking at Taehyun. "Or maybe it hasn't crossed your mind yet."

Taehyun narrowed his eyes at him. "Let me go."

Chase shook his head. "Tsk, you know I can't do that Taehyun. I've got to keep you alive for a little bit longer."

"Why so you can torture me?" Taehyun asked. His eyes following Chase's figure as he paced back and forth.

Chase let out an airy laugh. "That's not a bad idea, but no that's not why."

"Then what is it?" Taehyun snapped making Chase's smirk grow wider.

"It seems you possess something very important to Yuka's plan." Chase said looking down at Taehyun.

"And what would that be?" Taehyun asked keeping a close on him.

"Ah have some patience my old friend." Chase replied.

"We were never friends. I always knew you were a slimy bastard." Taehyun hissed.

"Oh please." Chase laughed. "I had you and your pitiful father fooled from the very start."

"You weren't working for Yuka when you joined, I know that." Taehyun said as Chase nodded.

"That is true, but while I was away for a few months, Yuka offered me something I couldn't refuse."

"And what was that?" Taehyun asked digging for more answers in hopes of finding more clues into Yuka's plan.

"My go eager to talk about me, but why don't we talk about you." Chase said squatting down to Taehyun's level.

Taehyun glared at him. "What do you want?"

"Just your corporation." Chase said getting up and moving behind Taehyun to where his chain was.

Taehyun's hands instinctively balled into fists. As his left hand tightened, it brushed against something small. He heard Chase working on his chain, so he reached out and grabbed whatever was on the ground.

Chase untied the chain and released Taehyun, but kept his wrists bound. He grabbed his arm harshly.

Taehyun immediately started to push back. But Chase only held his arm tighter.

"I wouldn't try to resist." He gave Taehyun a chilling grin. "Trust me."

Taehyun stopped moving, something in his tone felt off.