Chapter 1 Swimming

"Come on Y/n, We have to meet the new arrivals."Loreyu says as she helps her younger sister onto an Ilu. The Older woman had known about the new arrivals since she had seen them fly in on their Ikran, Something she hadn't seen in almost 15 years.

"I Wonder what earth is like.." Y/n says as she leans against her sister's back yawning as the Ilu swam onto the shore of the Metkayina village, Being the youngest, she always had hopes and dreams bigger than those in the tribe even if she did look different. "We can talk about this later y/n, You know we can't talk about it here...But we can watch the old diary vlogs father made of his time on earth again." Loreyu says in a hushed tone as they walk onto the sand weaving through the crowd to look at the newcomers.

"Wow...for an older woman, she's hot." Loreyu turns her head, looking at the man who had said that and she rolls her eyes. "Seems they do not know how to whisper.."

"Lo'ak, shut up"The girl who had come with the two men said smacking him behind the head as Tonowari walked to the adults with pride in every step.

"Who are you 3 and why do you come to our village?"He says looking at the 3 the adults in front of him, Y/n hadn't noticed one of them at first and she ducks down weaving her way a bit closer to the front to get a closer look at the eldest sibling and when she finally sees him her heart feels fuzzy, especially when he made eye contact with her.

"Y/n, Don't stare, blink a little geez" A male voice whispers and it nearly makes y/n jump in shock but she doesn't react much in the way the male had wanted. "Hello, Brother." She mumbles annoyed at her eldest sibling who chucklings adjusting his shirt and shorts, out of all the siblings he felt most comfortable in The clothes passed onto him by his dad, he never really liked the traditional clothing of the Na'vi. 'My butts sticking out I hate that.' That is what he would say most of the time.

"Shh let's listen in now ."Atan says squatting down and y/n sees her distant cousin Ao'nung and his friend's snicker at the new arrivals, clearly making fun of their appearance.

.

..

.

..

.

.

"I am Neteyam and these two are my siblings Lo'ak and Kiri"The 3 of them introduced themselves to the group of adults in front of them trying to be as respectful as possible, but with Lo'ak constantly looking at Tsireya and Loreyu it was almost impossible.

"Nice to meet you guys...I wish I could stay but I have to go meet my husband and go take care of our child." Loreyu says instantly making up an excuse to leave early as she did not want to train anyone on swimming today.

Atan wasn't there since he was off doing what he did best...Which was sleeping. "Reya, Do I have to stay?" Y/n says whining to her younger cousin, she felt as if she didn't need to stay as she was not a direct relative of the Tsahik Ronal who had bestowed this task to them.

"Yes...we need to put out the right message, My father and mother want you especially since you have features of both metkayinan and Omaticayan Na'vi. You have Blue skin like me but features of The forest clans, Like your tail and arms for example."Tsireya says as the small groups of adults go into the water to start their swimming lesson for the day, just to see if the Fforest Na'vi knew how to swim.

Tsireya and Ao'nung swam ahead leaving y/n by herself, The girl was a fast swimmer but preferred to get used to the water first. "Great...they thought I was a perfect match to help teach because I look like a freak...How wonderful." Y/n says to no one in particular forgetting that the new arrivals were behind her.

"You don't look like a freak calm down." Neteyam, the boy she had gotten to meet earlier that day says and he held out a hand as his siblings swam ahead as well getting started in their lesson, everyone would have a one-on-one lesson with who they were most comfortable with and so far neteyam was hoping that he would get y/n since she seemed like the nicest one.

Y/n looks at neteyam's hand slapping it away gently in the water. "At least someone thinks so, Now let's go, If we are lucky we can be done teaching you the basics within 2 or 3 hours."The girl says as she walks further into the ocean water and once it was waist deep, she dives and Neteyam does his best to keep up, After a few minutes he catches up to his brother and sister who were both struggling at first but with time Kiri drifted off on her own as she adapted more easily to the water.

'Don't go up, calm your heart.' Y/n says using sign language as she and Tsireya both try to keep the boys down in the water while Ao'nung went off to find Kiri who was quite a distance away.

To Y/n's dismay, She watched as Lo'ak tapped Neteyam's shoulder pointing up and both the men swam quickly to the ocean's surface to get the air their lungs craved.

Y/n looks at Tsireya and she points up and her cousin nods her head swimming to the surface so that they may speak with the boys. "Take your time and do not rush yourselves, If you feel as though you are a bother, you are not." Y/n says staring into Neteyam's Eyes before she looks at Lo'ak seeing that his eyes are already trained on Tsireya who agrees with a sheepish smile. "I agree with y/n, Do not rush yourselves, we will be here every single step of the way until you are confident enough on your own."

{EACH CHAPTER IS HOW MANY MONTHS HAVE GONE BY! KEEP THIS IN MIND AS THIS STORY WILL NOT BE THAT LONG}