Chapter 2 The jerk

"Come on my flower, give me a chance" Y/n was walking away from the village exhausted from having to teach the Sully family how to swim properly, Something she had to do on her own of course.

" I am not your flower. Go bother someone else." Y/n says waving her hand behind her wanting to get rid of the man following her, after all, he had just announced he was looking for a 3rd wife and wanted her to be it. 

"Come on y/n, No one else will marry you so it'll be perfect" He says grabbing the girl's arm firmly, stopping her in her tracks. He uses his other hand to turn her head in his direction and he looks down at her, his eyes looking into her own.

"I'd rather Eat Sea shells and swallow sand all my life than bother with the likes of you." Y/n says pushing him away, The two were arguing for a while now, and by the time Y/n had gotten away from Atan'eko , her hair was dry with bits of seaweed in it that she needed to wash off, which she did after a long and well-deserved bath.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Y/n, come." Loreyu says to her younger sister with a smile on her face, she was holding a child in her arms nursing them.

Y/n sits next to her sister with ease as they drowned out the Joyous laughter of the village people enjoying the Celebration of a new Baby being born. "I hear that you and Atan'eko made quite the scene yesterday at the shore. Tell me what it is about." The older sibling says with concern laced in her voice, an emotion she showed often when it came to y/n.

"Nothing, that damn idiot is still trying to get me to marry him." y/n says turning her head at the sound of Atan'eko's laughter, He was Between both of his wives dancing with them and he turns his gaze to Y/n winking at her.

"Ugh...Y/n that jerk won't get your hand in marriage, I'll see if There's something I can do." Loreyu says Softly and her attention is adverted to her husband who had been helping the chief talk of stronger bonds with other clans. "I have to go though...Go talk to others your age. Clear your mind a. Bit and forget about tomorrow, the night is still young and so are we." She hums to her sister before getting up carefully holding her baby with one hand as she walks off.

"Finally...I've been trying to talk to you." Y/n hears Lo'ak's voice and she hums looking up to see Lo'ak with Neteyam and Tsireya. All of them sit down next to y/n and they all converse with her enjoying the celebration.

"Why did you guys come here?"Taireya asked the boys in a curious tone while keeping her eyes on Lo'ak, To y/n she could honestly see the mutual attraction in both Lo'ak and Tsireya's eyes.

"Oh- We wanted a change of scenery...Our parents were supportive since we've grown up being A mixed race.."Lo'ak starts it off and Neteyam leans forward side-eyeing his brother and how he had explained it.
A few minutes go by and After they are finished talking Neteyam stays behind talking to y/n who seemingly enjoyed his company.

"So your father is the legendary Toruk makto? " Y/n says leaning close to Neteyam and he does the same chuckling while nodding his head. "Yeah...And He's strict, people assume It's my mother since she was a princess but it's honestly my dad...he was a soldier." He shrugs explaining it and Footsteps come near the pair and they turn their heads to see Ao'nung and his friends standing near them.

"My father needs to see you Y/n" he says and he flicks his eyes to the Campfire where his father had been standing and y/n sighs seeing Tonowari speaking with His wife, Ronal.

"Fine...bye Neteyam," Y/n says softly unaware of what was going to happen.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"I refuse!!" Y/n shouted at her uncle and Her luminescent freckles seemed like they were rapidly moving with the way she was talking and moving her hands erratically.

"You cannot refuse a Marriage that I have chosen for you. It is tradition."Tonowari states and Y/n's vision goes blurry from her tears that were threatening to spill out. "My mother wouldn't allow this and you know it!" She screams at him but it isn't until Ronal blows into her hands and makes a motion to the floor before pointing at y/n.

"It will be a grand union, you with a warrior. It is an honor we bestow upon you." She says and she gives y/n a stern look that softens at the girls crying face. Before she could even get another word in Ronal watches as Y/n runs away back to her home probably.

Ronal turns her head looking back at her husband, Her Demeanor drops slightly as the couple spoke with their eyes and It isn't until They see Their children that they come out of their special moment.
Tonowari leans down to ronal and sighs not wanting his children to hear the plans of Y/n's arranged marriage.

"She will marry Atan'eko at some point. She will be happy this is just a phase she is going through just like her mother."