07.

Hyunjin PoV

"Maybe I just wanna be yours, I wanna be yours, I wanna be yours~" 

"No thank you Beomgyu. You have Taehyun to yourself," I replied to the still-sleepy human reincarnation of a teddy bear.

"I was literally singing Artic Monkeys. You ruined the moment." 

I just hummed in response. I was hurriedly making our breakfast since I had to go to my part-time job in a few minutes. 

Beomgyu and I quickly finished our breakfast and I packed a small bag for the day in the daycare. I could not leave before getting my outfit checked by Beomgyu. It was a blue Ralph Lauren teddy sweater and jeans and I carried an extra cap in my bag to save my hair from the wind.

Poor Hyein must be waiting for me.

ʚ♡ɞ

As I started my work, Lee Hyein, a thirteen year old girl whom I had befriended, helped me with managing the kids. She was one of the kids who came to the daycare to be taken care of but she took care of the younger ones. 

Her parents were rich but busy so she spent most of her weekends like today at the daycare too. Her parents had bought me this sweater for taking such good care of her last year on my twentieth birthday. She was so sweet I felt sad that she could hardly spend time with her parents.

While we sat down to have lunch together, she perked up and asked, "Hyunjin-oppa, why do you work here? Why not at a cafe or bar? They pay more don't they?"

"First of all, I work at a daycare so that the little kids don't feel left out. I want to make sure they don't feel the absence of a guardian. I want to care for the little ones who can't get love from their parents. Second of all, since I work alone on the weekends, Nayeon-sunbae pays me more than the regular workers. But Hyein, you should pay more attention to your work than mine. Don't you have to record a song after lunch?" 

She nodded and resumed eating quickly.

What I told Hyein, wasn't a lie at all. As a kid, Ma used to be busy but still found time for me. Some kids don't get that priviledge and I want to make sure they are still happy.

After making sure all the kids had left around 6:30 PM, I locked all the rooms and dropped the keys at Nayeon-sunbae's desk. I left a bit early like I had requested because Jeongin had called for a meeting in our 'Mission SeungBin' chatgroup. 

ʚ♡ɞ

If I am being honest, when Jeongin told us that he had found Seungmin and Changbin cuddling on the couch yesterday evening after Friday classes, I was not even surprised. Knowing the two of them since school gave me enough knowledge that none of them could keep a grudge against their loved ones. Forget about romantic interests.

However, when he mentioned he spent Friday with Bang Chan, I eye-contacted Felix about adding another 1000 won to my 31000 won account specially made to keep track of the amount of money I won from our bet. 

We were all happy that Seungmin and Changbin were together so the group was deleted and we all went back to our lives.

Only a week in and we already had a bunch of things to do. I had to make a presentation on 'Effect of Increased Social Media on Idols' and we had to pair up with person of another gender so that both the sides can be covered. Bae Joohyun, our professor of Media Studies, had paired me up with the nuisance of the Taiwanese girl Yeh Shuhua. I was not a racist or sexist but she was among those confident flirts who won't leave you until you succumb to their charms.