Howdy x Reader ☮️

Requested by: Hayley857122 Remember, you can always ask for a few minor or major tweaks to the story as you please.

""""""""""

You have been a long time neighbor of home for over nine years and older staying in Home than most of the neighbors.

Except Wally, Poppy, and Howdy were here before you but you decide to call yourself one of the veterans. You loved every single one of your neighbors but never romantically.

Except everything changed when you received some letters from an unidentified person.

""""""""""

I was brushing my hair until I heard a knock on the door and I rushed downstairs just to get in time. “Coming!” I said before I opened the door to see Eddie holding a few letters in his hands to receive.

“Hey there (Name)! Here are your letters. ” Eddie said with a warm smile. “Hello too Eddie. You always deliver them just in time. ” I said.

“Stop! You're flattering me too much! ” Eddie said blushing a bit. Eddie and I said our goodbyes before he continued to deliver more letters.

I shut the door and looked through my letters. 'Bills, invitations, secret admirer-wait what?!'

I open the letter to see a rose inside and a note saying: "If you're seeing this, that means I like you and hope you'll know the real me soon."

I blushed a tomato red when I read the letter. . Was it real or fake? But I never replied back to see if they actually liked me.

""""""""""

It has been a month since the letters started. They kept going until I went to Howdy's to buy some ingredients and saw Howdy writing a letter and putting a red rose in the letter. But Howdy saw me and freaked out.

“(Name)?! W-what brings you here? ” He turns a bright pink. “I know you like me. But why Howdy? ”
I said questioning him.

He snaps and runs to me.  “(Name), you're the most beautiful (species/not human) I've ever seen! When you moved in I got butterflies in my stomach.

I didn't know how to approach you and when I found out you could send letters without putting your name, I put secret admirer as my name in hopes for you to notice me! ”

I was shocked and flattered. My old neighbor actually had feelings for me all along.

I grabbed his shirt and pulled him close to me.

“Why didn't you say so Howdy? I like you also and you're actually pretty nice and I also tried to confess back but I backed out.”

His face lit up. “You like me?! For real? ” “Yes, my love. ”

I pulled in for a kiss and he kissed back.

"""""""""
What a lovely night they had that day. We'll never know because this is purely an oneshot!

""""""""""

Ended:03/04/23