Epilogue

It was the next morning, and Kakashi's mind was a complete blur as he woke up, feeling sore but well-rested. Upon seeing sunlight shining in through the blinds of Guy's windows and feeling strong arms wrapped around him, the events from last night flooded into his mind.

They'd made up, spent the day together, and it had ended in them sleeping together in the older man's bed.

It was nice, actually, and Kakashi couldn't help but think that he wouldn't mind waking up like this every morning, his lover's bare skin pressed against his, warm, rough, and comfortable. Something he wanted more of.

Blinking to get the sleep out of his eyes, Kakashi shifted in his soulmate's hold, turning to face him. The ravenette was already awake, eyes raking up and down the silver-haired man's body like he was an art enthusiast admiring some sort of masterpiece in a museum... That was one of the things about being with Guy that would take some getting used to; the being looked at like he was wanted, like he was loved and cherished and all of the other good things that Guy made him feel like he was.

One of the ravenette's hands moved, slowly resting on Kakashi's bicep, a gentle finger tracing the length of the tattoo that painted a small patch of the pale skin a deep crimson hue.
"Hey, what color is your Anbu tattoo?"

"Red."

"Like your Sharingan!"

"Yeah, they're about the same color," Kakashi answered, trying to suppress a frown. He still felt guilty for keeping color from Guy for all those years. "The Sharingan's a little brighter, though. Both of my eyes regularly are obviously black, my hair's silver," "Your jumpsuit's green, that scarf you used to wear when we were kids was orange, and your hair and eyes are both black, too."

"Huh."

"A little overwhelming, I know," Kakashi murmured, reaching up and resting a hand on Guy's face, lovingly stroking his thumb over the taller man's sharp cheekbone. "Sorry I didn't just let you see this years ago... Things would've been so much easier that way."

With a sigh, Might pulled away and sat up, the fluffy green comforters that were on his bed pooling in his lap. Kakashi's eyes landed on his lover's sculpted chest for just a moment, and then on his face.

"About last night, and the last few weeks..." Guy started, leaning his back against the headboard and nervously fiddling with his fingers as he averted his gaze. Finally, he shook his head, a large smile coming onto his face. Kakashi moved to sit up as well, unable to help but feel a bit self-conscious, as he didn't even have his mask on- he couldn't remember quite where it was, probably discarded somewhere on the floor of Guy's living room with the rest of the clothes they'd been wearing when they'd started making out after eating the takeout Kakashi had ordered for them for dinner. "I want to try to make this work! I've been in love with you since I was old enough to even understand love, Kakashi!"

"You're flattering me, but," Kakashi allowed a lop-sided smile to take over his face as he laid back down, comfortably resting his head on Guy's lap... As expected, the older man's thighs were like pillows, warm and firm. If Kakashi had control, he might've stayed there forever. He had more things to worry about, though- namely, letting Guy know what his feelings were. "I mean, I'd really like that... Putting all of my fears aside, there's nothing more I'd want than to be with you."

"You really mean that?" Guy questioned, and Kakashi looked up at his lover, only to see tears bubbling up in the ravenette's eyes.

Naturally, at that, Kakashi had to keep himself from crying as well, as stoic as he was.

"Don't go and cry on me now," The silver-haired man laughed, reaching up and using his thumb to brush away a stray tear that had fallen from one of Might's eyes. "I know there's been some roadblocks, but I've been in love with you for a long time, too."

"I love you!" Guy grinned, leaning down and kissing Kakashi's forehead before laughing as well. "Heh, Kakashi."

"Hm?" He hummed, lazily raising one of his eyebrows.

"I think you got so excited that you accidentally activated your Sharingan!"

Kakashi blinked, only realizing then that he had, in fact, activated his Sharingan out of excitement. Since he wasn't born with the eye, it was something that happened occasionally- if he got particularly scared, excited, angry, or just about any other extreme emotion, he'd activate it without meaning to, hence why he hid it under his forehead protector. Sure, he was no Uchiha, so he didn't have it down perfectly, but he liked to think that he had pretty decent control over it, but it still slipped up every once in awhile, and he didn't want to freak people out with his left eye.

"This is why I have it covered most of the time," He grumbled, burying his face in Guy's lap and allowing a few seconds to pass before looking up again, a hand on his eye as he was about to deactivate it. "I-"

"No, no, don't cover it up! It's pretty," Guy argued, pulling Kakashi's hand away from his face so he could see both eyes without any obstructions. "I think... Red might be my favorite color. Didn't you have a scarf that color when we were teenagers and you were in Anbu?"

"You're a dork for remembering that," Kakashi retorted, rolling said eyes and waiting a few seconds for Guy to get his fill before finally deactivating his Sharingan so he wouldn't drain his Chakra. The scarf had been red, only to match the red streaks on his Anbu mask, though he was surprised that Guy remembered him talking about that after so many years had passed, especially since the older man hadn't been able to register color back then.

"You love me, though!"

"I do," The silver-haired man sat up just a bit, reaching up to push the other Jonin's dark hair out of his face. "And you know what?"

"What?"

"Every color on you is my favorite, love," He chuckled at the bright pink that took over Guy's face at that, moving closer. "Soulmate... Kiss me."

And with that, Guy leaned down to do as he was told, pressing his lips against Kakashi's. The silver-haired man could only smile and lean into it, making a mental note to dig that red scarf out of the back of his closet to wear around his lover.