talk to me.

As they get deeper and deeper into the forest xavier can hear the birds chirping, he looks up to see the trees towering over them, they can barely see the sky and the weather is so cold they can see their own breathing.
Shrek looks to the ground as he says "so, you learned about y/n's death ?"

"Yeah i was actually there when it happened"

He looks up "really ?"

"Yeah..."
"You seemed to like them"

He seems confused by what xavier just said "i mean i didnt really know them but yeah they were Nice. They deserved better."

"Yeah of course, sorry, i assumed since i noticed the way you look at them- well anyway."

"Wait- you thought i had a crush on them ?" He chuckles.

"I dont know man i just told you i assumed thats all"

Shrek walks towards him, getting closer.

"Jealous ?" He says as he looks down to look at him, a cocky smile on his lips.

Xavier holds his stare, he's not gonna let him have his fun.
"No." He says.

Not another Word is said they just stay like this staring into each other's eyes for a minute.

God what is he waiting for ?
After an other 30 seconds he lets go and makes a step away from xavier.

"I was kinda hoping you would be" he pouts, but then he turns around and gets back to walking
"Come on lets go".

The silence falls again as xavier follows him.

After a  while they arrive at a small river, "there !" He suddenly grabs xavier's arm and drags him to a big rock at the border of the river.

"So whats so interresting about this place ?" says xavier as they sit down.

"Cant you see it? its right there !"

He looks around but this place has nothing out of the ordinary. The small river has very clear water and the first Rays lf sun filter trough the tree leaves making this place look kind of magical. Okay he does admit that it is pretty nice here but is that it ? He wanted to show him a pretty spot in the forest ?

"I cant see anything. seriously is this à joke ?"

"Ahahahah alright alright ill tell you the truth but youre gonna be angry at me."

"God just spit it out."

"Youre right, theres nothing there."

"Omg, i cant believe i got out of my bed this early for nothing."

Xavier starts getting up but he sits him down once again.

"Dont leave." Shrek says as he looks at him "please."

He looks away "im sorry, i just wanted to spend time with you"

"..."

"I just dont get you" xavier shakes his head, this is all so confusing. "Why now ?"

"Truth is... i've been meaning to reach out for a while i just- i never got the guts to do it"

Their eyes meet.

Xavier hates himself for feeling his heart beating so loud.

"Everyday seeing you in class, in the corridors... and not talking to each other. I dont want this."

"But i've been an asshole to you."

"I feel like this is just a big misunderstanding isnt it ?"

"Maybe"

"Then lets talk. Talk to me xavier."

He smiles at him and xavier cant help but crack a little smile too.

Hes right what happened ? why arent we friends anymore ?