Chapter 1: New School

A student from the Sumeru Academy has recently shifted to Liyue Academy. She was an excellent student and excelled at various things. Everything seemed more than perfect to her until one night. That one person changed her entire life in a second and she didn't know if it was for the better or worse.

Sumeru Academy always gave rise to honourable scholars. The pressure on the students was a lot but very few enjoyed it. Veda was one of them. Her entire life was almost perfect until she got transferred to Liyue Academy. There, focus was on letting the students explore a variety of subjects and arts while Sumeru Academy focused on high quality education.

Her dreams and aspirations weren't as important as her education. Her friend, Nilou, had achieved what she wanted at such a young age. Veda couldn't help but feel jealous of her but what can she do? She only had her intelligence and wits to get through life. Nilou often asks her to let loose but our dear main character's stubbornness is beyond our comprehension.

Many students at Sumeru Academy often had secret relationships but Veda was never one for that. Her goals were her only focus and being deviated from them could probably ruin her future. Veda had liked a senior named Al Haitham because he also seemed to have the same views on life. However, he had graduated already.

Veda looked at her schedule and walked towards the classroom which she was supposed to be present in. She loved Biology. She prepared all the materials required beforehand so she could survive Liyue Academy for 6 months before drowning herself. She practiced her reaction to change when she was 10 years old so this should be nothing.

She entered the classroom only to find it nearly empty. There was a light blue haired boy eating a popsicle. "Hey, you're the new student!" He exclaimed. "Yeah, nice to meet you." Veda awkwardly greeted. "You don't have to be so nervous, most of us are pretty chill." He said. "Alright, thanks." She smiled and sat on a vacant seat.

"Say, what's your name?" The short male asked. "Veda." She quietly replied. "I'm Chongyun." He said with a small smile. "Class will start in about 15 minutes, why don't you go to the cafeteria?" He suggested. "Sure. Where's the cafeteria?" She asked. "I'll come with you." He said while taking a file with him. She thought he might be gay.

"Let's meet up with my friends. Don't worry about being awkward, they're very nice." He said. That felt nice. "That's nice to hear." I muttered. "Sorry?" He couldn't hear her. "That's nice to hear." She repeated. "Ah." He said with a warm smile on his face.  Maybe Liyue Academy won't be as bad as she thought it would.

As they walked to the cafeteria, Veda spotted 10 uniquely dressed people. Liyue Academy has some uniquely dressed people but these people were............extra. "Just don't get on the blue-haired guy's bad side." Chongyun whispered to her before waving to them. They greeted him back but two were unusually loud.

"Hey guys, meet our new friend, Veda!" Chongyun introduced her with enthusiasm. "Veda, that old man is Zhongli, the blue-haired boy is Xingqiu, the girl with space buns is Xiangling, that loudass is Xinyan, that is Yunjin, the other loudass ginger is Childe, that emo guy is Xiao, that twink over there is Venti, that is Yanfei and beside her is Hu Tao." He said while pointing at each one of them.

"Heya!" Hu Tao greeted her with out of the world enthusiasm. "I'll also tell you who's dating whom, just so you ship the wrong people." Chongyun said with a chuckle at the end. "Zhongli and Childe, Xiao and Venti, Xinyan and Yunjin, Yanfei and Hu Tao, Xiangling is dating mud and finally there's me and my dear friend, Xingqiu." He said.

"He did not." Hu Tao said with a dramatic gasp. "Girl, he sure did." Yunjin said. "Hey! Why did you refer to my boyfriend as mud?" Xiangling said with an angry tone. "Because he sucks, honey." Yanfei said in a matter-of-fact tone. "No, he does not!" She argued. "He thought walls were made out of fricking animal bones." Xinyan said with a deadpan expression.

"He may have said some dumb things but he's a great boyfriend." Xiangling said. "Whatever makes you sleep at night." Xingqiu said. "Okay, stop now, let the new girl have her moment." Xinyan said. "Hi?" Veda waved awkwardly. "Don't be so tense, girlie. We won't do anything." Childe said with a smile. "Thanks." She said.

"Guys, sit now. Class starts in 10. I brought protein bars for us." Zhongli said. "Thanks, dad." Xinyan said while snickering. "I'm not your dad, Xinyan. I've never had sex with a woman." Zhongli said. "It was a joke, babe." Childe said. "Oh, my apologies." Zhongli said. Veda realised that he might be a blockhead. Like her.

"Here's one for you, I already ate breakfast." Yunjin said with a warm smile on her face while giving Veda her protein bar. "Thanks." Veda softly said. She ate her protein bar while watching the group talk. She felt a bit left out at first but they made sure to include her in the conversation once in a while.

After a few minutes, the bell rang. Chongyun and Veda made their way back to the classroom. "What do you think about them?" Chongyun asked. "They were really nice." Veda said. "I know it's hard to adjust to big groups but I have a feeling that you'll fit in just fine." Chongyun said with a soft smile. Veda smiled back and went to her desk.

A student entered the classroom. He looked grumpy. "That's Scaramouche, he's also a part of our friend group but is mostly friends with Xiao. He's one of the transfer students from Inazuma Academy along with 2 others." Chongyun said. "Doesn't Inazuma Academy not allow transferring of students?" Veda asked.
Chongyun shrugged and went back to doing his work.

Veda looked at the bowl-cut boy with curiosity. He seemed like bad news. Inazuma never allows transferring of students because of an incident. According to them, a student called Xavier from Fontaine rebelled against the school and caused damage to the property of the school which costed them a fortune. Since then, they never let foreigners apply for the school and did not allow their students to be transferred because they might get too "westernised".

Maybe they reinvented their policies. Veda couldn't care less though. Her goals matter more than rumours and other people's lives. Everyone looked at Sumeru Academy students as superior because they're taught more advanced studies than what other schools usually teach. So, Sumeru Academy students are almost 7.32 steps ahead of usual students. Inazuma Academy students are 3.12 steps ahead. Veda will surely be ahead of everyone.