VII.

"Aw.. ow wha- what the hell?" I woke up, my cat walk on my chest, about to step on my neck. I look up at the clock, 3pm?

I need to worry about waking up so late. Definitely not normal. I get out of my bed, heading to the kitchen. I made myself breakfast, simple toast with peanut butter.

When I finished eating, I went back to my room to get dressed for the show tonight. I would leave at around 5, to hang out with James for a bit before. I put jean pants on, an iron maiden shirt, and my jean jacket to top it off.

I picked up my phone, dialling James' number in again.

"Hey." he said, tiredly over the phone. "Hey James, you sound tired, you alright?" I asked him. "Oh yeah I'm fine. I just had a hard time sleeping. Do you want to leave at the same time? I can drive us." he said. "Oh sure! I just got ready. I can come over soon if you want."

"Come over now. If you can." he said. "Alright! See you in a couple minutes."

"Bye."

I hung up, he sounds under the weather. I hope he performs good tonight though. I put my shoes on, I leave the house, locking the door behind me. I wanted to run to James' house, just to get to see him sooner, but that'd be a bit awkward.

——

knock knock

I knocked on his door, waiting for an answer. He opened the door, wide enough to let me in. He had a towel wrapped around his waist, and a toothbrush sticking out of his mouth. His hair was drenched with water, but he looked attractive like that.

"I'll be done in a minute." he told me, walking back to the bathroom. The way his body moved when he walked made me feel different, I didn't expect myself to be attracted to someone's back, but here I am, admiring this man I've known for 3 days.

James closed the door, but came out a second later to grab something from his room. I sat on the couch, not feeling the need to stand up waiting.

Eventually, James came out of the bathroom. His hair was dryer, he had black skinny jeans with a bullet belt, and a misfits tank top on.

"You ready to go?" he asked me, swooping his keys into his hand. I nodded, following him outside.

Yet again, driving to this stupid bar. For what, 3rd time this week?

But it's fine. At least I'm going to do something fun. I get to watch a friend perform.

I didn't realize how fast time had gone, I was staring through the window the entire drive. I was brought back to my consciousness when James aggressively parked his truck.

"You awake?" he asked me, "Hm? Yeah I am. I just got distracted."

He nodded, "Okay. Wanna help me bring in some stuff?" 

"Oh, I guess."

We got out of the truck, going to the back. "Here, take this and this" he told me, handing me his guitar case a cords. I waited for him, as I felt it would be awkward to go inside by myself with this stuff.

James grabbed his amps and started walking away, so I followed behind him. He was a big person, so it was a bit difficult to keep up with him.

"James! Hey man!" a curly haired boy ran up  to James.

I follow James more, as he wasn't paying attention to me so I didn't know what to do.

We went to the room behind the stage, "Place it there." he told me. I listened to him, and gently placed the guitar and bag down on the ground.

I waited in that room as James had left me there, I wasn't sure how long I'd wait, but I'll just stay.

I sat down on the floor in the corner of the room as it was comfiest, the room had nothing else. It was a plain white room with some plugs.

I heard James' loud voice from outside "I know! And- oh, guys this is Jewel." he opened the door, showing 3 other guys. I waves at them a bit awkwardly, they all smiled at me. "Dude why's she here? Are we actually doing this groupie thing?" the shortest one with brown hair asked James, "What Lars, no! She's my friend. I moved into the house next to her a bit ago! You idiot!" James hit Lars on the back of the head.

"Jeeze man I'm sorry! Anyways, hey, I'm Lars." he said, trying to sound tuff. "hi"

"What a great audience." Lars went back to the group. "Alright.. Jewel this is Cliff," he pointed at the tall guy with brown hair, he looks high on life. I like him. "and this is Kirk. Women really like him for some reason, so if you could tell us why we'd love that"

"Baby face." I said, "Huh?" James asked, "Women like him because he has baby face, and I don't blame them. It makes him a lot cuter."

Lars shoved him, "Lucky ass!"

"And probably because he has a nice ass, good one Lars." I said. Kirk smiled, going a light shade of pink. "So now we know" James whispered.

"We're gonna go set up. If you want to help us you can, or stay here. Do whatever." James told me, I nodded. I'd help them set up, I haven't got anything else to do anyways.

I followed them to the stage, bringing the bag of cords James gave me. "Thank you, sweetheart." James said, taking the bag. "Sweetheart?"

"Sweetheart."

His voice sent shivers down my spine, every time he did something like this, I wanted him more. It gets bad enough to the point I dream about us.

I was frozen, staring up at James. "What's wrong? You like being called sweetheart?"

"James.. shut up" I whispered to him, "What's that, sweetheart?"

"Stop it.."

"What if I dont?"