🎴TᗯEᑎTY-TᕼᖇEE🎴

(Jun's POV)

"You pick first what you want to eat," Kakucho said, sitting across me.

He brought me into a restaurant located inside of a mall, where I was already given the menu. Even though I haven't opened it yet, I could tell from the atmosphere of the restaurant that the food is expensive.

I pause before saying, "Wait... we're not going to wait for them?"

When Kakucho looked up to me from the menu he was reading, he had a perplexed expression and asked, "Them? Who? Sanzu?" I nodded, and he continued, "Nah, I usually eat alone."

My face furrowed, I thought the we're he talked about meant eating with the other members, but it's just the two of us.

"But now that you agreed to bring back Kaori, you'll have to stay at the headquarters. Plus, you need to get used to eating with me since I'll have to accompany you most of the time,"

"I'm not allowed to go to my house?" I worried. He pauses before answering, "Unfortunately, no,"

My gaze bored into him before I opened the menu, "Then I don't need accompany when I'm there. I want to do my stuff alone." I was expecting a response from him, but he just continued to look at the food on the menu.

Is it really necessary to live with them while working under them for a short time? Is it really a short time?

If I'll live with them, I have no actual intention of helping them with anything. I'll only let Kaori slipped this time, but the rest of their plan, never. I'll need to escape their building if I can.

"So, what will you get?" Kakucho asked.

"Uhm..." I began, before my mouth fell open as I looked at the list of them. I knew the food will be expensive, but not this expensive.

One dish cost 5 dishes in a fast food restaurant.

I put the menu down and tried to turn away while saying, "Just water," but Kakucho was already staring at me in disbelief before I even tried. "You're kidding?"

"I have no money to pay for this, you took my wallet,"

"I never said you'll pay for what you eat. It's on me, ok? Now order what you want,"

As much as I want someone to pay my food, I can't stop the feeling of rejecting it. I just don't want to have anything in exchange from others. It's like a life-time commitment. "Water is fine, I'll just eat once you give me my wallet," I pushed away the menu despite my stomach already grumbling for food.

"Just-" Kakucho didn't finished what he said. He sighed heavily and bit his lower lip before signaling the waiter.

"Good day sir, the usual?" the waiter asked. I guess Kakucho's a regular here.

"Yes please," Kakucho replied to the waiter while locking eyes with me, "But make it two this time," I glanced at the waiter, who had a stunned expression.

"Oh," the waiter suddenly have a moment of realization when he noticed me. "Oh, of course. We'll make sure it's deliciousness is triple than before." he listed something on the paper he's holding. I'm guessing the waiter thought we're on a date, "How about drinks, sir?"

"I'll just have coffee latte, I'm not in the mood to drink alcohol this early," Kakucho told.

The waiter listed again, "Excellent choice sir!" he then turned to me, "And for the lady?"

I was about to rethink my choices, but I immediately said, "Just wate-"

"What's your best-selling drink?" Kakucho interrupted me by asking the waiter.