Chapter 8

Two more days passed by. Both days Brandon and Crys would spend at the beach house, relaxing and enjoying the beach. Now, it was the last day they had on vacation. The next day would be nothing but a long car ride home. Neither of them worried about having to go home the next day, though. They just focused on enjoying the last day of their vacation.

It was a late start to the day, everyone had slept in, but once everyone was up, they all headed back into town to have some brunch at another local restaurant. Brandon had some french toast while Crys munched on a waffle. Brandon's mom and dad had pancakes, blueberry and chocolate chip respectively. Overall it was just a typical meal. Nothing too special, though it did taste pretty good. After eating, everyone went out to walk around town. It was a beautiful day out, though it was a little humid. Crys and Brandon wound up going back to the arcade after walking around for a while. They spent a few hours playing games there, then left to go get some ice cream. The rest of the day out passed relatively quickly, and soon enough it was time to head back to the beach house.

Once back at the beach house, everyone packed up their suitcases except for what they needed for the rest of the night and the next morning. For dinner, Brandon's parents had ordered some pizza. One cheese and one pepperoni.

About half-way through dinner, Crys felt a familiar pain in her gut. She immediately excused herself saying she wasn't feeling well and ran upstairs, leaving everyone else a bit confused. Dinner continued anyways, and once Brandon was done eating, he went upstairs as well, telling his parents good night.

As Brandon walked down the upstairs hallway, he noticed Crys' door shut. He went up to it and knocked. "Crys?" He asked, a bit worried. He had a vague guess what was wrong given how quick Crys bolted, but wasn't too sure.

"Come in." Crys replied from the other side of the door, sounding frustrated.

Brandon opened the door and peered in. "You okay?" He asked before seeing the obvious answer to his question.

Crys sighed. She was sitting on the edge of her bed with a massively disappointed look on her face. "I forgot it was a full moon tonight." She said, frustrated.

"Oh." Brandon replied. He walked into the room some more and shut the door behind him. "Well, probably better tonight than tomorrow." He added.

Crys gave a forced laugh. "Yeah, that's for sure. Wouldn't want to transform while in the car." She said, still obviously annoyed. She flopped back onto her bed and sighed, staring blankly up at the ceiling.

"Yeah, that would be bad." Brandon said with a slight smile.

Both friends went quiet for a moment.

"Today was fun." Crys said eventually, changing the subject.

"Yeah, it was." Brandon replied. "It was nice to go back to the arcade."

"And going out again after two days here." Crys added on before pausing for a moment. "Kinda sucks that I couldn't finish dinner, though."

"We have some leftover pizza if you want to maybe grab some after my parents head to bed." Brandon suggested.

"Might take you up on that." Crys said. "It honestly sucks being forced to be a werewolf every full moon. Doesn't matter what I want to do, no, all because the moon is full I have to be a werewolf." She grumbled angrily, then sighed. "Whatever." She muttered.

Brandon walked over to Crys' bedside and leaned over it a little. He looked at Crys' face.

Crys turned her head to look at Brandon. She couldn't help but smile a little. "Sorry if that was a bit much." She said.