The Detectives

A seven member group who focus on making songs that are a mix of orchestral and electronic-dance-music. The're fans are called Ability Users after their concept of Abilities from their very first album.

(The two members with the surname Tanizaki are not related)

DAZAI OSAMU - Leader, Vocals, Dancer

Grew up in inner city Tokyo.

He ran away from home at age nine (9) and was then scouted by Mori.

Scouted earlier than most idols. Has been singing since he was very young.

His vocal and dance trainer Oda Sakunosuke was killed saving his children after their home caught fire.

Dazai fell into depression after that and threw himself into work because music and dance were the only way he could express himself.

He trained with Chuuya but was ready to debut earlier than Chuuya was so he was given over to ADA Entertainment to lead a group that Fukuzawa was putting together.

Dances as a hobby, he can pick up choreography easily

Beloved by fans for his quirky personality but it hides a past blackened by his depression

Plays Electric Violin and Piano so strings are incorporated into almost all of The Detectives Songs.

Totally ships the Tanizaki's and teases them about it on and off camera.

Constantly annoying/embarrassing Junichirou who is oblivious to the fan's knowledge of their relationship.

Edogawa Ranpo - Rapper, occasional vocals, visual #3

Grew up in the Tokyo suburbs.

Auditioned because he was bored.

Was going to quit because he gets bored quickly

but he was in competition with his American pen-pal (who's in an angsty indie band called Nevermore) and figured becoming an idol would be something he could hold over the other boy's head.

Not to mention maybe one day having his face on a brand of sweets would be cool.

He promised one day he'd write a song for his pen pal.

Can sing and has a surprisingly deep voice but he prefers the rhythm and fast pace of rap.

The group was founded around him but he didn't want to be the leader because of all the responsibilities so Fukuzawa found Dazai.

Didn't even need his brain to figure out Tanizaki's deal.

He mostly ignores it.

Upset that it's such an open secret because he can't use it to blackmail Junichirou into buying him snacks.

Yosano Akio - Rapper and Vocals (Visual #3)

Grew up in Tokyo.

Started her training with PM Entertainment but left after one of the dance instructors abused her.

Mori understood and let her go, but asked her if she would still pursue a career in music.

She refused to give up her dream and auditioned for ADA Entertainment.

Fukuzawa was happy to take her on.

She usually does Rap but some songs have her vocals.

Likes to use big props in Music Videos (big hammers, hatchets, swords, scythes)