Part 3

**The next day**
Charlie's POV

I woke up and went downstairs for breakfast. I told my grandparents about the text and my grandma offered to take me. We basically just chilled out the whole day until we had to leave for the meeting. I had an off day today as we're supposed to be recovering from yesterday's game but I normally do a quick gym session the day after matches so that's what I'm gonna do.

**time skip**

We just got to the training facilities and told the people at reception who we are. Every five seconds I check the time. I'm nervous as fuck and I can't contain myself. My grandma has her hand on my leg to stop it from bouncing. It's not helping much but it's nice to know that she's trying at least. There's only one thing that could calm me down right now, training.

I looked up from my phone, after checking the time again, and saw Jonas heading towards us. He greeted us and walked us to his office. He told us to sit down and then started speaking "so I'm guessing you have an idea of what this is about" he stated looking at me.

"Well I can only think of one thing, and I really hope it's that" they both laugh slightly at my answer

"Well I can assure you are most likely correct" he pauses for a second "Charlie you are such a talented young player. I can't believe that you haven't come on our radar sooner. Your work ethic is incredible on and off the pitch. I'm gonna get straight to it I would like to offer you a 2 year contract with the senior team. You probably won't be starting every game but you'd make a great addition to the squad" he says while I'm just sitting there in shock "So what do you say kid fancy a shot with the first team" my heart was racing at this point I couldn't get my words out. My grandma nudged me and they both started laughing at my shocked face.

Eventually I calmed myself down and managed to speak. "Y-yeah of c-course I do thank you so m-much" I said stuttering.

Jonas went through all the information with us and we signed all the paperwork. He said that I'll need to do a few medical tests and we'll sign the final contract next month when the transfer window officially opens and then I'll have a few media duties to attend to and then I'll officially be part of the team. He said that I'll continue to train with the U21s up until my last match on Friday then I can begin to train with the senior team. I won't miss out on anything seeing as we're breaking up for Christmas anyway. We thanked him and said bye.
"Jonas, is it alright if I use the gym?" I ask before we leave his office.

"Yes, of course. You really are a beast" He pauses as I laugh "oh, Charlie I think a few members of the senior team might be in there. Would you like me to introduce you or will you be fine?"
"Umm y-yes please" I said nervously

I quickly say goodbye to my grandma then Jonas starts leading me towards the gym. When we got there I looked through the window and there were 5 girls in there working out. Jonas looked at me with his hand on the door and I take a deep breath and nod, giving him permission to open it. As he opens the door everyone's eyes dart towards us. My nerves immediately start to rise.

What if they don't like me? What if I'm not good enough? What do I say? What do I do?

I'm taken out of my thoughts by Jonas starting to speak.

"Hey girls. I would like all of you to meet Charlie Carpenter. She's the U21s forward I've been telling you about. We've just had a conversation and she's going to be joining the team at the end of next week so please make her feel welcome. I've given her permission to use the gym so yeah. I'm sure you can introduce yourselves and I gotta get back to work. You all good Charlie?" Jonas asked with a smile on his face. I just nod nervously. "Okay I'll see you later, have fun." He finishes then leaves the room.

I just stand there nervous not knowing what to say.

Eventually one of them speaks up. "Hey I'm Leah it's nice to finally meet you." The blonde steps forward with a friendly smile. "And this is Katie, Beth, Viv and Jordan." She points to each girl even though I already know who they are.

"I-I-It's nice to m-m-meet you too" I stuttered out nervously. They all offered me warm smiles then Leah frowned slightly.

"Wait? Didn't you have a game yesterday? I'm sure  Jonas went to watch you." Leah asked confused.

"Yeah, why?" I ask back.

"And you're training again today? Are you a robot or something? When I was your age I'd practically be passed out on the couch the day after a big match. Like how are you able to walk around and willingly do a gym sesh?" Leah asks shocked. I just laugh and shrug my shoulders. "Wow! I'm really glad you are being called up to our squad." She states. I examine her for any sign of lying but find none.

After a few minutes of awkward silence someone else speaks up. "Okay Le enough with the interrogating let her get on with her workout." It was Jordan. I look up and smile at her then everyone gets back to there workout.

I decide to take it easy today as I did work my ass off yesterday and don't want to get injured. Especially when everything's finally falling into place.

I started on the treadmill and just ran for like 30 minutes. Then I started a cycle of 15 pull ups, 20 press ups, 20 sit ups then plank for 1 minute. I did this 5 times then took a break.

I sat down drinking my water then looked up noticing that all the girls were looking at me. I felt the heat come to my cheeks but luckily you couldn't notice seeing as they were already bright red from my workout. I shyly turned my music off and took my AirPods out.

I looked up to see a smiling Leah Williamson. "Jonas was right. You really are a beast."

I look to the ground and shrug my shoulders. "I guess" I mumble slightly.

"What do you mean you guess? You're incredible. You literally only just played a match last night, scored a hat trick and now you're in the gym doing more than professional footballers like wow. And you're 17. I can already tell you're going to help our team a lot." Leah replies

"Yeah I mean when I was 17 I trained a lot don't get me wrong but I never really did anything in the gym and especially the day after a big match" Beth joins in.

"Yeah me either" Katie and Jordan agreed.

I just shrug my shoulders looking at the floor not really knowing what to say.

Katie speaks up again "You're parents must be really proud."

At that moment it's like time stopped completely but also like it was going triple the speed. I was frozen but panicking at the same time. My heart was beating so hard and fast I felt dizzy.

A/N- ummmm yeah... what do you think? Ummm yeah. Bye :) love you <3