Part 5

Time Skip- The Next Day

Charlie's POV

Leah took me for food and we just talked getting to know each other. It was nice. I haven't felt comfortable with anyone other my family since the accident. I just distanced myself from everyone. Then more shit happened and made it worse.

Anyway, after we finished she drove me home. It's weird. I've not felt this connected to someone since my dad. It's kinda scary. I just hope I don't mess it up. I had fun tho.

I'm starting to feel the pressure like I'm being brought into the senior team because they've released Tobin Heath early due to her hamstring injury. Like I'm replacing the Tobin Heath. Like what the hell. That's scary as fuck. I doubt I'll even play any matches tho and I don't know what's going to happen when I'm supposed to be sitting my exams next month and school and all that.

So anyway yeah. Today's gonna be boring just full of homework, overthinking then I'll go for a run later but that's about it.

Time Skip- Next Day.

I wake up to the annoying beeping sound coming from my phone. Ugh. It's Monday.

I force myself out of bed and head into the shared bathroom and complete my morning routine, which basically just means I have a shower, brush my teeth and get dressed. I just put on jeans and a baggy t-shirt along with my air forces not forgetting to grab a hoodie. I double check my bag to see if I've got all my books then grab my phone and AirPods.

I head downstairs after putting my hair into it's usual ponytail. I grab myself some yogurt and fruit which I quickly eat before leaving the house. I make sure to lock the door as my grandparents are still asleep. I immediately put my music on and start my walk to school.

Once I get to school I just sign in then head to my first class even though it doesn't start for another half an hour. I don't know why I get here this early. I could have had an extra 25 minutes in bed. I decide to just revise and go over my notes from all my classes. I end up just highlighting the points that I need to revise more later until everyone gets to class.

The two hour lesson went by relatively quickly which I'm really grateful for as it usually drags. You see, it was French and technically I don't even need to go to class as I'm already pretty much fluent. I used to get really bored as a kid and I was learning French at school so I started teaching myself and my dad even joined in. After the accident I used it as a way to feel close to him again and now I'm practically fluent. It's the historical context that I didn't know much about and I'm a still a bit shaky with the spelling but that's about it.

Anyway I have 30 minutes until my next lesson so I go to the library and go over the notes I highlighted earlier. I do this for about twenty minutes then decide to walk around for a bit.

Once I get outside I hear the most amazing sound. The voice that makes my stomach do flips. I look up to see her. She used to be my best friend but then everything changed. There was always something different about her but I've only just started realising what it was but I shouldn't feel like this. I can't feel like this. I won't let myself.

I look down at my feet and start walking in the opposite direction to her. I feel like someone's watching me but I just continue to walk. I was too caught up in my thoughts to realise that I was now out of school at a field. I end up lying down on the grass just looking up at the blue sky. The weather's nice for once.

I start thinking about everything. About all the what ifs. Like what if the accident never happened? What if I screw up my chance with the senior team? What if I actually am you know, what I think I might be? But like I don't know. Am I?

I'm brought out of my thoughts by someone sitting next to me. I jump slightly and sit up as my head snaps towards them.

"Hey Char" the blonde woman says softly with a smile as I continue to look at her confused causing her to laugh.

"H-hi" I eventually respond.

"You good there Char?"

"Yeah sorry I just wasn't expecting you. What are you even doing here Le?" I ask her.

"I could ask you the same thing. I thought you'd be at school."

My eyes widen at her words as I start to panic. I go to stand up but Leah puts a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"Hey, relax. It's okay. Just breathe Char." Leah says and I manage to calm down. She doesn't say anything she just waits for me to speak.

"I was going for a walk because I needed to stretch my legs before my next class" I start whilst looking down at the ground with my hands fidgeting in my lap. "I guess I got distracted and started overthinking a bit then I didn't even realise where my legs were taking me until I got here. Then I just needed a minute to calm down and think I guess." I finish with a shrug of my shoulders.

"Oh Char." Leah says whilst holding her arms out for me to climb into. She holds me whilst combining her fingers through my now messy hair.

After a while I finally muster up the courage to talk. "Leah can I ask you a question?"

"Of course"

"Is the rumours about you and Jordan true, that your together?" I manage out.

"Yeah, we're together"

"Okay, I thought so." I take a deep breath. Trying to find the words to say.

"You alright Char?" Leah asks and I just nod."

"How did you know?" I rush out taking a shaky breath. My heart is literally hammering through my chest.

"Know what?" She asks slightly confused.

"Ummm that you like girls" I mumble into her shoulder hoping she hears me.

"Well" she starts. "I always kinda knew I was different. I never really felt anything towards guys. Sometimes I thought I did but really I was just trying to force myself to like them because I thought I had to when they were really just my friends or what other girls said was attractive. It wasn't until I was just a bit younger than you that I realised. I fell for my best friend at school it took me like a year to actually come to terms with it and then I talked to my mum about it. She helped me a lot with it. I didn't really label myself until I was like 20 or something but yeah. It was kinda always in the back of my mind."  She admits to me as she traces patterns on my back.

We just sit in silence for a while as she just lets me process the information and my thoughts.

"Thank you" I say quietly.

"It's alright Char. I'm always here for you if you need me."

A/N- well yeah... hope you liked this part. Sorry for the slow updates, I get distracted too easily. Bye. Love you <3