Part 4

Charlie's POV

"You're parents must be really proud"

My body stiffens at the thought of my parents. Memories flicking through my head like some sort of montage going from the best moments of my childhood to the nightmares that keep me awake at night. So many thoughts rush through my head in this moment. I quickly stand up knowing exactly what's coming.

"Ummm yeah sorry but I have to go, it was nice meeting all of you." I manage to get out before exiting the room, not waiting for a reply.

My vision starts to get blurry as I start to sweat trying to find someplace quiet to go. Every second it becomes harder to breathe and every time I blink I have to fight to open my eyes again. I feel like I'm going to pass out. I stumble a little but suddenly someone wraps their arm around my waist and my arm around their shoulder. All I see is blonde hair and my vision goes black. I'm trying so hard to open my eyes but I just can't. It won't let me. I can't breathe. I don't know what to do.

Leah's POV

Katie just said something about Charlie's parents. The young girl just freezes after about like 5 seconds she randomly gets up.

"Ummm yeah sorry but I have to go, it was nice meeting all of you." She rambles whilst rushing out the room.

I turn to face the rest of the girls all of our faces showing confusion. A switch flicks in my head. I rush out following Charlie. I just have to make sure she's alright. She could be perfectly fine but c'mon who acts like that when they're perfectly fine.

I start to call after her as I see her pace start to slow down and her steps getting shaky. She's not walking in a straight line. I don't think she hears me. I start to run after her as worry courses through my body.

As I catch up to her she stumbles and I wrap my arm around her waist making sure she doesn't fall, in the process I place her limp arm around my shoulder to try and steady her. I hear her panting for air and that confirms my suspicions. Her eyes flicker shut and I panic for a second then my instincts kick in. I pick up the girl and walk us towards the changing rooms.

Once I get there I lay her on the bench and grab a towel. I proceed to wet it with cold water and use it to try and cool down the sweating youngster. Don't worry she is breathing, I did check,  and her pulse is beginning to even out. She should wake up soon. Well. I hope, she does. If she doesn't I'll have to find one of the medics or something to get her checked out but I didn't go there in the first place because she probably doesn't want to explain what happened. It would probably make her even more upset. So yeah.

After a while I take the towel rinse it out and then put it on her again. As I do that her body flinches a bit then she suddenly jolts awake. She starts looking around panicking then she starts panting again. I quickly pull her into me and place her head on my chest so she can hear my heartbeat. I quickly pick her up and switch us around so that she's sitting on my lap.

"It's okay Charlie, I got you your safe. Listen to my heartbeat. Breathe in. And out. In. And out" I try to reassure the girl coaching her through breathing. "That's it Charlie. You're doing great. In. And out. There we go. You're safe. Everything's going to be okay. Ssshhhh I got you" I say as the teenager starts to cry in my arms. I can feel my top starting to get wet but I couldn't care less right now. I do my best to comfort her, rocking us back and forth whilst whispering sweet things into her ear then every now and then gently placing kisses on the crown of her head. God I can already tell this girls going to be a big part of my life. After a while of this her cries stop and she begins to speak.

"I'm s-sorry" she says in a whisper.

"Hey don't apologise. You can't help it... I'm just glad that I decided to come after you and I found you when I did." I tell the youngster honestly.