𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆.

―✧―

𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐕𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐘𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋

the apollo and ares cabin decided to verse each other in an unofficial match, the ball going back and forth from either side. nico sat next to me, though his attention was on one of the apollo players rather than the actual game.

"you're drooling," i muttered.

nico coughed, looking away quickly. "i have no idea what you're talking about."

i managed a small smile, "sure, kid. whatever you say."

he scowled, but went back to watching will — i mean... the game.

the two of us sat in silence, basking in the afternoon sun as we watched the volleyball game play out. so far, apollo had won one set, and ares had won two. i had my bets on apollo, because even if their game didn't look strong at the beginning, they had good players. and they were more than able to make a big comeback.

"how's pops?" nico asked, trying to change the subject.

"he's been alright," i answered. "he says he's building something big, but i'm not allowed to see it yet."

"is that why you haven't gone to visit him?" he plucked some grass from the ground.

the war had ended over a week ago, and the romans had returned to their camp — including frank and hazel. jason had decided to stay at camp half-blood, working with annabeth on plans to construct a cabin for percy's sister, kym.

hundreds of minor gods and goddesses had sent in requests, asking jason to build them shrines and cabins and action figures and even trading cards. he was about to be a busy man.

"yeah," i nodded. "he's been going on and on about how i'm not allowed to go back until he lets me. i asked clint what he's been up to, since clint left with the rest of the agents, but even he's not letting me know."

"did you ask nat?"

"she's on a mission in europe or something," i answered. "she should be coming back in a few weeks."

commotion sounded outside the volleyball courts, and i stood up, only to see a fairly large group of twenty or so demigods walking and pointing at something in the air.

"what is that?" nico asked, pointing to something fluttering in the wind.

"let's find out."

i jumped off of the bleachers, making my way to the thing in the air, the crowd of demigods approaching it from the other side. it looked like a scroll of parchment, but i couldn't be one hundred percent sure.

"can someone reach that high?" connor stoll asked, looking around at the small group of demigods who'd assembled to figure out what the scroll was about.

"lydia definitely can't," tracy, my sister said.

lydia, a dionysus kid, scowled, "it's not like you're much taller, trace!"

tracy was about to say something else when vera, her girlfriend, stepped in, "okay kids. let's argue about our height later. for now, connor's right — never thought i'd say that — but someone needs to try and reach that scroll." her british accent had faded a bit, but it still stood out between the rest of the campers.

"don't look at me," madison, an apollo kid, said, taking an immediate step back.

a few campers laughed, considering she'd stopped growing the second she became five foot two.

despite the fact that i was an inch shorter than her, i stepped forward, placing my hand out. i'd seen that design before — hell, i'd helped design the thing.

"uh... riley?" mara orchid, a daughter of iris, interrupted. "no offense, but i don't think you can reach that."

"yeah, you definitely can't reach it," lu waston, a daughter of hephaestus, commented. "not at that short height you got."

i ignored the banter, holding my hand out to the scroll. almost as if it was searching for me, it flew down and into my hands.

"someone grab the rest of them," i said, eyeing the scroll in my hand.

the demigods exchanged glances, but it was aurora who had caught on what i was trying to say.

"you mean...?"

i nodded. "oh yeah. i'd recognize this design anywhere."

she tapped ethan's arm, and the two ran off, making their way to round up jason, piper, percy, and annabeth.

"okay, i'll bite," cynthia, a daughter of hecate, said. "what the hell is going on? what's this magic scroll thing all about?"

i looked at the bound scroll, not daring to open it until the rest of them arrived.

"it's a message," i answered cynthia.

nico nodded next to me, "leo and theo are still alive."

REY WRITES!

okay so this book is gonna have lots of complete
scenes that are written by me, so... yeah!

also the characters that had been requested in resistance
will be coming back in this book! woo!

character credits:
lydia de la cruz - -ASCENDANTS
madison parker - diannaviva
mara orchid - marabelle_skywalker
lu watson - thatvongirl

updates will begin soon, and will be weekly (most
likely on thurs.) 

also, go check out my luke castellan fic on my profile <3

thanks for reading!

thoughts?

comments?

questions?

headcanons?

theories?