𝒐𝒏𝒆.

―✧―

𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐘 𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐃 𝐔𝐏 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐈𝐑𝐒.

after saying goodbye to tyson, he began to run through the crowds, barely able to contain his excitement. 

he'd been excited all day, ever since he got the final five dollar bill from his mom for doing the chores yesterday. he'd been saving up for this for months now, making a little chart to track how much he needed to save ever since riley had begun to talk about disney.

she'd go into little phases where she'd be obsessed with something for a few months, and it would be the only thing she'd talk about. it was cute.

percy had been walking home from school when he saw the earrings. two gold roses, inspired by beauty and the beast. they were perfect.

and he finally had enough to get them for her.

"excuse me," he said, shoving through a larger crowd, and jogging down the street.

he came to a stop in front of the little shop, smiling happily to himself at the sight of those gold earrings. the bell sounded as he entered the small shop, and he was immediately hit by the smell of cinnamon.

tiny trinkets and designs littered the inside of the shop. if riley was here, she'd have a field day.

percy made his way to the cashier, still smiling at the older lady.

"hi," he said to her. "i want to get those earrings. the rose ones on display in the window."

"oh those ones," the lady smiled, taking them off of display. "how would you like them packed?"

"uh... packed?"

the lady laughed, "you know, wrapped up? is it a gift for someone?"

percy nodded, "yeah, yeah, it's a gift — a birthday gift. um... how much does the wrapping cost?"

he had just enough money to buy the rose earrings, including tax. if wrapping was more than two dollars, he wouldn't be able to afford it.

the lady shook her head, "that's on us. just tell us if you have an idea in mind."

"uh..."

"i'll take that as a no," she smiled. she pulled out a black velvet box, fitting the earrings in there, before closing it up and pulling out a pale pink ribbon.

"wait," percy said suddenly.

the lady froze.

"can i — uh, can i write a note first?" he asked. "before you wrap it with the ribbon, i just wanna write something."

"of course," she handed percy the box.

percy rifled through his bag, pulling out a pen and paper. scribbling down a few sentences, he wrote: dear tinker bell, sorry, i couldn't make it to the party. hopefully this makes up for it. - seaweed brain.

he folded the note, slipping it in the box and handing it back to the older lady.

she smiled, wrapping the pink ribbon around the box and finishing up riley's perfect birthday present.

REY WRITES!

thanks for reading!!

also i feel like i need to clarify: percy's like 12 in this,
it's riley's 13th bday guys!! idk if y'all remember
but he got the earrings for her then!

thoughts?

comments?

questions?

headcanons?

theories?