five

your pov

It is the next day and Jake is supposed to teach me some other stuff about the sky people.

He told me to meet him in his marui as the kids were out making bracelets with Tsireya.

"Jake?" I say as he emerges from a corner. "Hey" Is all he says to me.

"So what's the plan for today?" I say questioning him.

"Well today we are going to talk strategy" He says leading me out of the marui.

"Alright i'm so excited!" I say to him smiling.

time skip

This is the most boring shit i've ever had to sit through, Jake was giving me brief detail on how the sky people work.

He was talking about what they will do and how they're going to try and lure us out to them by using bait.

Suddenly realization hit me like a brick..

"Wait Jake hold up" I say getting up to stand with him.

"You've heard about my mothers spirit sister right?" I say holding his shoulders.

"Yeah why?" He replies to me.

"What if that is the bait?" I say earning a shocked looked from Jake.

"You're so right Mauve.." He says holding my hands now.

"We must warn the others." I say as Jake grabs my one hand and leads to me the center of the village.

I call out to my clan and everyone starts to slowly circle around us, including my mother and father.

"Everyone listen! As you know the tulkun have been hunted in our reefs" I say but everyone immediately starts yipping and making sounds.

"Please listen to me!" I say looking at Jake for help.

"We will fight to protect our brothers and sisters!!" A random metkayina man yells as everyone starts to yell after him.

Jake grabs the timer off the floor that my father had grabbed when my mothers tulkun was killed.

Jake holds it up and everyone immediately stops talking.

"Tell the tulkun, that if they're hit by one of these, they're marked for death." He says in a husky voice.

My mother looks at my father as if they were speaking with their eyes.

"Tell the tulkun." My father says firmly as a few warriors go.

I mouth the word thank you to Jake as my father calls to me.

"Mauve." He says, I was ready to get yelled at.

"Good work daughter" He says as my eyes lighten up.

He didn't show any reaction though which didn't make me feel much better, did he even actually mean it?

"Thank you father.." I say slowly walking off to my marui.

As I walk in I sit down on the floor and just think, think about what being chief will be like.

"Mauve.." I hear behind me which catches me by surprise.

"Oh Jake.. You scared me." I say laughing a bit. He laughs with me.

oh that laugh.

"Come sit.." I say patting the floor next to me.

I was now playing with the bracelets that I had left on the floor from the previous time I made some.