A so-called ''Spring Beast''

This case was one that had filled every inch of your body with curiosity from the second you had heard about it. It was that kind of case that made you wake up in the middle of the night, this being the first thing that came to mind before you even opened your eyes. With your new job that allowed you to have a prestigious title that fit you like a glove, how could you do so much as think about passing up the opportunity to investigate it just like that? And most of all, solving this case would probably also get you a well-deserved raise! For these reasons it was the perfect case for you to solve. You had heard some pretty terrible things about that beast, but in your opinion it was nothing more than people over-exaggerating an encounter with a large predator that they simply couldn't recognize, as usual. After all, it was not uncommon for them to fear such foolish things. These people would burn a child if they found even the slightest flaw with it!
Exactly because of the latter, it was obvious that the best option was to let you take the animal somewhere where it wouldn't pose a threat to the people who complained so much about it, rather than let some weirdo kill the poor thing and claim that he had actually killed a six-headed lion with shark fangs for legs and eyes that shoot poisonous snails just by looking at you. Eh... maybe doing that wasn't such a bad idea after all! without the actually killing the animal part, of course.
When had the case been open for anyone to take, and how many people had been too afraid to grab it and just walked past it? Reading the details on the paper made one wonder these kinds of things.
People had been talking, a lot, in fact. And they wouldn't be satisfied with the authorities saying it was merely a wild animal. They really wanted to believe on their own lies and deepest fears; they wanted it to be a mythical creature of some kind. However, you couldn't say that you blamed them for said pursuit of the fantastic. The mundane lives they led were honestly so boring... but they were just as lucky not to know what was really being hidden from them. Imagine the chaos and panic it would bring to humanity if they realized that all the legends and myths they feared so much were actually a reality, and they were even worse than they could have imagined in the first place. Not even the most twisted of their beliefs could compare to what was really going on just behind their back.
Still, you were much more powerful than these "horrible" monsters! so such a insignificant creature couldn't even dream to land a hit on you~
Sometimes it was a real shame how quickly you defeated the strongest of enemies, especially when humanity knew them as the strongest of the strongest to have ever lived. It simply took the fun out of it.
You were looking for a creature that wouldn't drop dead after a single warmup hit from you. Which meant you were partially on the side of the townsfolk in this one. You wished to find a worthy opponent, and you had innocent hopes that the animal mentioned in the case would really end up being the uncontrollable yet extremely intelligent and strong legendary ancient beast that everyone had been talking about for the past few weeks. But once again, this was probably not the case. Knowing them, you doubted that the claims that it was a calculating being were even real. Was it that the creature was too sensible or that the people who encountered it were too foolish?
You resumed reading the paper that the woman who always to gave you all of your commissions had previously given you. When you asked, she seemed quite flabbergasted by your choice. No one wanted to take on that particular case, and they were probably about to give up looking for people who could solve it.
The text that followed did not differ from the rumors that you had heard in the streets of the town; human and animal corpses that looked like they were eaten while they were still alive and with most of their organs out of the body, constant disappearances since these unrecognizable corpses started showing up randomly and some claiming that they felt someone was watching them from the bushes and stuff like that. Nothing you hadn't heard before by then.
You quickly overread it because you already knew how the whole story went and returned it to the woman with your information written in the blanks you were supposed to fill in. The woman took it delicately and after verifying that everything was correct,  placed it in the same drawer where she placed all the documents that belonged to you.

- "We were about to close the case. It's really something admirable for someone new like you to take on such a dangerous task."

She said as he handed you a small paper note that was simply a simplification of the endless pages of pointless information you had just finished reading.

"You know very well that I am always where danger is"

-"Maybe, but we don't blame you if you quit. It is really complicated."

"Quit? Yeah, sure"

"Just sit back and watch me close this case with my eyes closed!"

-"It's good to see that you are confident in your abilities to bring this case to a satisfying conclusion"

- "I wish you the best of luck"

"I don't really need it, but thanks!"

You two said goodbye and you ran out of that big empty courtyard with pure adrenaline pumping through your veins. It was the start of your biggest and most important case yet, or so you hoped.
Your investigation would begin tomorrow morning, just as they found you "fit" to enter the forest. It had been under an extremely strict lockdown ever since the third mutilated human body appeared there, and one could only enter after the security guards were informed of your identity and intentions.
You were impatient for tomorrow to finally arrive, you needed to put an end to this case after so long of it constantly invading your every thought. And until tomorrow there was still a long day to live. Therefore, you made the decision to listen to what people were saying for once. It would keep you entertained and perhaps help you finally conclude the breed of the animal in question.
Walking through the wooden gate, you were welcomed by the moderatly busy streets of the town. It was a beautiful day, a perfect day to find the friends you had made and question them about that mysterious and enigmatic "spring beast".  And you didn't have to wait long to find a familiar face either, since you were actually friends with half the town. It was as easy as going out into the street and seeing how the first person you saw on the other side of the door was already happily greeting you.