Nightingale

-''Senti, stop that''

You could still feel the delicate touch of her fingers on your shoulder, and you could still hear those words that linger in your mind despite the scenario you may be in. Not even the sound of the water dancing around your body or the feeling of warmth that wrapped itself around your every limb could save you from thinking about that every single time. It was as if she could just find a spot inside of your mind and just decide to live rent free inside of it. To never, ever, leave.

As you reminisced, hugging your own legs as you forgot you were even a sentient being for a moment, your eyes laid upon a phone just besides the bathtub. That black phone with those twee golden motifs, just sitting against the wall. You took it into your hand carefully not to leave it reach the water. How many times, you wondered, How many times had you used this to call her on nights like these? Maybe you always truly were a bother to her after all. Yet, somehow, it brought a soft smile to your lips. It reminded you that no matter how many times you would call her at night time with no warning, she would always answer. She would always put up with you because she didn't hate you.

In fact, that woman probably couldn't hate. She was that kind of person, the kind of person who cherished every single creature as if they were children of her own light. Perhaps, she was too, the only one who could keep you down to earth with what was right and what was wrong. There were so many things she changed your mindset on, and so many things she helped you through.

She was just a light. Like a radiant fenghuang rising with the sun to sing its lovely carols to the ones below, gracing them with hope and glee. She was the only one who could do something like that, and she deserved so much better. So much better than anything this world could offer to anyone.

Perhaps this was the kind of moment in which you missed the warmth of her arms, and the gentle manner in which she delivered her words. It didn't matter now, did it? You placed the antiquate phone down back in its place and leaned back.

There was no point in dwelling on things that didn't matter any longer, right? So, you did just that. Try your best to ignore those constant thoughts in your mind. You allowed your mouth to get buried on the warm water and just left your eyes get fixated on the sway of your long blue hair on top of the surface of the water, seeming almost as if it was impossible for them belong. It was easy for your mind to just get lost, especially at moments like these. This is precisely why you hated moments of tranquility and peace.

Out of boredom alone, you decided to get out of the water earlier than you would any other night. Wrapping a white towel around your body, you walked from the bathroom to your room between all the chaos that had been made by your lack of will to actually clean properly. It was almost natural to you, and yet you knew that if she were to see any of that, she would probably explode right at the entrance. It was a funny thought, but one that you had to shut down.

It was difficult to keep yourself from thinking about her after being with her for so long. It was sickening, and you were tired of it. Fighting against your thoughts at this point was almost as if promising yourself you would leave an unhealty habit, but every single time you were put in front of that unhealty habit, you would do it time and time again all over again with almost not control of yourself, until you realized what you were doing and then promised yourself the exact same thing just to give way for the cycle to keep repeating itself for eternity. Or perhaps that was just her in general, who knows.

Once you finally got through the door and closed it, you throwed the towel aside and began accomodating your clothing. But you couldn't help it. Like every single time, you went up to the mirror and just looked at your back through it. At the burn mark that had been left there almost as a reminder of your sins, and of the mess you and her had once done.Maybe you missed the taste of her blood, for once.