Rainy Night

下雨 

Xià yǔ

Downpour

 It was a rainy night, just like always. And as you watched the drops of water just fall from the sky everywhere around you drowning the place with that coldness, you broke apart papers with all the rage you could contain. It was just so enfuriating to you to read what was writen on them that you didn't even care if anyone was there watching. Maybe this was just you, but every single irritation always seemed to end in something like this. That was what happened that time too, and that was what happened so many times before. Rage was a dangerous thing that had been haunting humanity since the begining of existence, and it was just as human as it was unatural in all its incarnations. Everything that was writen on those papers was mere foolishness either way, things no one should ever read. Things that should be kept under the void that was the wicked mind that had even thought them up to begin with.

–''Angry?''— Inquired the feather resting on the bench behind you

–''Not your problem''— -Maybe you were being a bit too rude with her, but you just couldn't avoid it. Hearing her voice was enough to make you want to burn her down and just call it a day.

– ''Very well''– And silence was made once again, a silence that was not tranquil at all as it was constantly interrupted by the sound of papers breaking and the rain falling with more and more strength.

At some point, your hands got tired from the repetitive activity and you just looked up at the sky. It was almost as if you were lost in thoughts that didn't even exist with to begin with. Or maybe it was so many thought you couldn't even process a single one of them in a rational manner. It could be either, or maybe none? It was the weirdest of feelings, but you were sure it was just being oblivious to actual feelings, even when feelings were your whole thing. You never were actually good with them either way, so it was just comical at this point.Before you ever wished to leave that small part of roof at the park, you had to hope the rain would be merciful and just stop. If it were for you, you would just happily rough through it and not even bother if your clothes got wet. They would dry eventually anyway, right? But, this one time, you just couldn't. Be it for the mission, be it for the documents you were carrying, or just because that kind of energy didn't seem to want to come to you anymore. You just couldn't. It was just some rain either way, and it wouldn't even be that enjoyable. Maybe you were turning old? That was a weird thought. And one that obviously wasn't real in the slightest. It would be just hours until you had to actually face this so-called spring beast, huh? You wondered what it was. Even if you didn't truly care at all, there was still some hope in the crimson hue of your eyes that just prayed that perhaps this would be the time in which you could finally find her and carry out every single experiment you wished on her. But at the same time, you wished more than everything that this case had absolutely no correlation with her. If Fu Hua had anything to do with it, then it would only be bad news. The rain began to become drizzle rather quickly, and you just decided to go out of the roof with little to no care as the feather hid herself on the pocket of your coat.

–''Where do you want to go now?'' – you asked her, knowing more than well that she was the leader here no matter how much you wished it to be the other way around

–''Near the forest would be best. I'm sure the beast won't be out under heavy rain, but we could attempt to at the very least catch a glimpse at it. There is a possibility''

–''... Seems like a plan'' -With those words, you began walking in the dead of the night towards the forest of dreadful dead and nothing else. Maybe Feng was right. There was a slight chance that the beast would be visible from the outside of the forest, even if just slightly. And, on top of that, there was that woman they said to have seen roaming the forest... She had a parasol, right? Maybe she used it like an umbrella in nights like these. That is, if she was even true and not something someone saw while being blinded by superstition alone. All of this felt almost bizarre in a way. What were YOU doing chasing after this kind of urban legend? Nonetheless, you kept going under the drizzle, a hundred memories passing by as you stared at the barely visible clouds disguised in the darkness of the night sky. Maybe it will rain tomorrow too. But you will never get wet in the rain if you alter your memory, right?
Maybe you wished you had an umbrella, though. Your legs were begining to feel rather cold with just that black short, and your gloves didn't cover your fingers. It had been a while since you felt this kind of coldness, so you just embraced the feeling.

Another memory went by.
———————————————

–"Gloomy days just remind us of a hope yet to come, Xiayu." — Spoke a soft and gentle voice inside your mind– "Every drop of water brings new life. There is nothing to be ashamed of"