Introduction

My personal motto is, 'Love a Viking. It's good for the environment.' I'm aware that it makes no sense, but neither does my recent (5-year-ish) addiction with Vikings and all things Scandinavian. I blame it on my upbringing and the fact that I've been married to a half-Swede for nearly half my life. (No, I wasn't married when I was 12 and yes, I am getting old.)

In my published work, The Warlord's Wife  and The Iron Princess (available at all ebook retailers) I have created the village of Tronscar in the Norrland region of Sweden in the 12th century. Tronscar, nor it's awesome and powerful Jarl Magnus were real people or places. The region of northern Sweden at this time was however home to the first blasting furnaces in Sweden and some of the largest in the known world for hundreds of years.

What is undisputed fact is that after the Viking period, when the Swedish people put down their raiding axes, they soon after picked up their crusading swords, becoming a world power fighting holy campaigns all over the world. Their innovative ship design, strong steel and battle ready men turned the tide in countless battles, which altered the course of world history.

This became the baseline for my Sons of the North Romance Series.

Aleksi Ekstrom is one such fine crusading northman, who has dedicated his life to the security of his homeland. Now looking back on his life, as certain death draws near, he contemplates if perhaps he didn't miss out on some aspects of life. As both a blessing and a curse, before he dies, the northman will have the chance to experience the sweetness of a vibrant, pure hearted love.

*The sexual content varies from what I would rate PG to PG-13 and some R-rated scenes near the end of the story. So please beware.*

**I'm posting with the hope for constructive feedback on the story, character development, plot and pacing. I love hearing from and engaging with readers. I hope you enjoy spending time with Aleksi and Mimi as much as I do.