Chapter #2

The very next morning, Mei got ready and raced dowstairs, outside, and over to the mailbox. No letter was there. This was concerning. Everytime Mei wrote to John, a reply was always waiting for her in the post office the minute she got up. But there wasn't. So, this was a tad worrying. She sighed and walked back inside, tending to the garden in the backyard, and the flowers in her room. Once she was done, she went to play with the other kids in the village square, running around and giggling.

She played many games with the other kids, such as Truth or Dare, Tag, Two Truths One Lie, Never Have I Ever, etc, etc. Other times the kids were just running around, giggling, the boys attempting parkour. There was also a few rounds of Hide and Seek before the kids moved on to the local playground.

Mei was called inside by Rina, who had some disturbing news.

"Well, I got a letter from John's best friend, Philip. No one's seen him, Mei. Not one of his coworkers, or even the boss. He just disappeared." Rina finished, with a sigh.

"W-we have to find him! Surely he didn't just disappear. There has to be a-a lead, or-or something.."

"I just told you, Mei. There's nothing."

"..Not if I have anything to say about it."

Mei grabbed her cloak and threw on her satchel.

"Mei..?"

Mei raced out the front door and over to the pier.

"Mei!"