Chapter #3

Rina let out a frustrated sigh, getting ready and sprinting after her sister. Rina finally slowed down as she made it to the pier, standing next to her sister.

"So, why are we at the pier?" Rina asked, confused.

"We're here so we can look for clues as to where our brother's gone."

"I doubt we'll find anything, but it's worth a shot.." Rina finished, with a sigh.

Mei hid behind Rina as a young man with sapphire blue eyes and crimson brown hair approached the two girls, Rina immediately recognising him. The man looked to be in his early 20's, the same age as John.

"Ah, Philip! You look as handsome as ever." Rina said with a grin, holding out her hand for a handshake.

Philip shook her hand, smiling.
"I haven't seen you since you were 4. And look at you now, all grown up! You're Sweet Sixteen is soon, correct? John would've loved to see that. Now, what can I do for you?"

"Well, I got your letter about John. I told Mei, here, about it, she sprinted out of the house, and, well, here we are." Rina explained.

"D-do you have anything that could help us..?" Mei asked, coming out from behind Rina.

"No, sorry. In fact, I don't think anyone knows anything. He just disappeared, but his stuff is still in his apartment next to the pier. Looks like his place was raided, but I'm not sure."

"W-well, maybe it's worth looking there for any clues?" Mei asked, looking up at Rina.

"Couldn't hurt to look there. Do you know where John's apartment is?"

"Yep. I can take you two there if you want." Philip said with a smile.

"Great, let's go!" Mei exclaimed, giggling.

Philip led the two girls to his best friend's apartment which was right next to the pier. Philip opened the door, hesitant.

Philip was right. The place had definitely been raided. Photos that were hung up on the wall were now on the ground, the couch cushions were all over the living room floor, all of John's stuff was all over his bedroom floor, whoever raided the place definitely left it a mess, maybe they were looking for something. But what?

"Somebody's definitely been here.." Rina said, looking around.

Mei let out a scream, followed by spluttering and couhing, trying to brush off a cobweb that she ran into, face-first. Once she was all sorted, she continued looking around for clues.

"Guys, I think I found something!" Philip exclaimed.

"What did ya' find?" Mei asked, running over to Philip.

"A brightly coloured feather, and a pirate hat."

"Pirates? Now we're getting somewhere!" Mei exclaimed.

"So, John was kidnapped. But where did they take him?" Rina asked, sounding concerned.

"I dunno, but we've got a mystery to solve."