CHAPTER 1: (Un)Lucky

A/n:

Paragraphs Written in bold is Y/n or someone narrating their story...

The sound of people raging during traffic time echoed through the city of Shibuya. Car engines were going off while flocks of bird hovered over the sky. The buildings stood high and stable, their shiny glass windows reflecting the light of the sun beaming over the land. 

Y/n lowered her head, resting both hands on her knees as she tried to catch her breath after running down 9 blocks just to catch the bus she'd missed. That day, she woke up late for her first day at her new job and also missed her bus.

"Aiiizzz... YOU JERK!" she yelled angrily after the bus driver as she kicked a can nearby only to miss and kick a pole instead, hurting herself in the process. "AAAHHH! OW! OW! OW!" she sobbed, hopping around on one leg until she ends up falling into a pile of trashbags nearby.

Growing up, I had always been a clumsy and irresponsible girl, and having a temper didn't make things a lot more easier either. With a temper and clumsy behavior like that, it was hard to have people surround me since they usually found me either weird or were just scared of me. Like a mother, I was feared and like an immature child, I was also stupid.

Now 21, I live alone in an old apartment... no friends and no family. I was basically disowned by everyone I've ever known. But I didn't mind being alone, I thought that I'd already disappointed a lot of people in my life enough and didn't want to disappoint them even more, so that's how I willingly walked away from everything.

"Fuck, I smell now..." Y/n sobs as she sniffed her sleeves while she slowly made her way down the streets, getting eyed out by others. "I'm gonna show up to work later and smelly on my first day... Should I just call an uber...? Fuck, I forgot my bag!!!" she panicked, turning back the opposite direction as she dashed back to her apartment building.

Now soon to be 22, all I have to do is rely on myself. Get a decent job, get paid, look after myself until I'm old and find a retirement home where I could spend the rest of my days 'till I rest peacefully from this shitty life. That's the lonely life I've dreamt off since I know nobody would ever come looking for me. It hurts me most of the time how lonely I am, but I knew how to accept reality as it is. Besides... dreaming a better life won't do anything.

*BEEP BEEP BEEP* 

                                            *CLICK*

The door flew open and Y/n dashed into her apartment looking for her purse. She sighs of relief after finding it laying on the couch. She frowns at the sight of her messy living room and promised herself that she'll clean up the entire apartment once she gets back. 

As she tossed the purse over her shoulders, she grabbed her perfume and starts spraying as much as she could on herself to get rid of the garbage smell before darting out of the apartment again, the door automatically locking behind her.