˗ˋ 02

–'episode three'–

–'part 2'–

────────────⊱◯⊰────────────

The twelve hours passed and soon we were sat in those white, hard and uncomfortable seats. Everyone had already voted and the results would be announced now.

My fingers hovered over the I-lander's faces. I couldn't do this. I couldn't be the reason they went to the ground. I don't want to do this.

I pressed their faces on the screen and instantly tears swarmed in my eyes, making their way down my face. 

"We will now announce the six people to be eliminated" The screen lit up with our face cards turned the other way.

"The first eliminated participant received 12 votes...Lee Youngbin" The boy looked disappointed and cradled his head in his hands.

"The second eliminated participant received 12 votes...Daniel" Daniel threw his head back and sighed.

"The third eliminated participant received 10 votes...Jake" My hands went to my mouth to prevent a gasp, Jake looked down and rubbed his forehead.

"The fourth eliminated participant received 9 votes...Jay" Jay didn't look surprised but nonetheless, he sighed. A tear made its way down my cheek, then another and another.

"The fifth eliminated participant received 8 votes...Nicholas" I felt awful like I was the villain, I shouldn't have come here.

"The sixth eliminated participant received 8 votes...Ni-Ki" my head shot up, a sob choking my throat.

The eliminated boys got up to remove their nameplates. Sniffs could be heard as they shuffled around getting their bags.

I launched myself to Jay and tightly wrapped my arms around his neck. "I'll be back next week" I shook my head and buried myself further into his chest.

"Come on now Ju" He said unwrapping my arms from his neck. "I'll be back, I promise" I sniffed and stepped away from him. I nodded and looked down.

I wasn't the only one crying, as I looked around some of the guys had red faces and tears running down their faces. Heesung was clutching his head while the eliminated participants made their way to the egg.

As the elevator started to turn, my throat closed up and choked sobs raked through me.

No one told me it was going to be this sad

Heesung came from behind me and calmed me down. Bringing me to sit down on the steps by the egg. He rubbed up and down my arms and back, shh-ing me.

He brought me to my seat where I hugged my knees to my chest and waited for the new I-Landers. I noticed the guys stealing glances with each other looking at my swollen and puffy eyes.

We waited for what felt like hours when the egg turned again. The others got up to greet them, Heesung pulled me out of my seat and brought me to stand next to him.

"One, two, Hello!" they chanted. Taki, Sunoo, EJ, Taeyong, Jaebom, and Yoonwoo stepped out of the elevator.

I practically jumped to Taki and enveloped him in a hug, K joining us shortly after. I let go and made my way to Sunoo and hugged him too. "I told you I'd come back" He whispered.

"I know" a sound came from behind us that startled everyone. The virtual flags of the new I-landers draped on the screen.

"You should put your nameplate on" I showed Sunoo where he was and he picked it up, admiring it "My nameplate!" he chanted to his seat.