backstory

I am annabella carlyle the older sister to Lucy carlyle I have just turned 13. As I have the gift (as many would say I'd rather call it a nightmare.) I'm currently on my way to an agency with my mother but not anywhere near home she's taking me to a smaller agency in Worcester cartwright and co.

I've begged my mother to not send me here I told her I'd get a job back home take care of her and Lucy but as she says every time

"You're useless to me, I need money you need to learn how to practice your talent. So you will go you will earn me money I don't want to see you again after this."
So here I am sat infront of Mr cartwright as my mum tries to convince him to take me in and let me practice here.

"Tell me about your daughter miss carlyle." He asked glancing at me and then back at her

"She's always had a talent ever since she was young, she wouldn't ever touch any of her toys or any object really and when she did she would cry. I mean at first we thought there was something wrong with her until we realised that she could feel them." My mother explained as I just sat there staring blankly at the wall ahead of me.

"So she has touch?" he asks

"Felt a visitor's source on the Marsh warned us all before we even realised that the visitor was there. None of us would be here if it wasn't for her"

"She does sound quite special, and you're in luck we've a vacancy a poor boy lost his gift a few days ago he was near her size. So maybe she could have her uniform."

"Well that'd be wonderful, wouldn't it isabella" she asks turning toward me

"Yeah I guess" not much inthusiasm in my voice.

"When will she be able to start?"my mum asks trying to get rid of me as soon as possible

"I mean if you have her bags she can start as soon as possible" he says seeming desperate

"That would be wonderful I can grab her bags then we can sort the paperwork out?"

"Yes, Mrs Jones will sort that out with you"

"Thankyou"

"Aren't you happy to be here young lady, not even a smile?" He says directing the conversation to me

~~paperwork~~

"You confirmed that the child is of legal age to be an operative?"

"Yes 13 the day before last."

"And has adequate ability to sense the presence of type one or type two visitors, and to defend against them."

"Yes" she replies quickly without thinking.

"You understand that she will be exposed to significant risk of trauma, injury and death while carrying out her duties?"

"Yes"

"And that beyond completion of training and issuance of protective equipment its her responsibility to safeguard herself at all times?"

"Yes"

"Payment will be made on the last Friday of each month Into whose account?"

"Mine" making it obvious she's only using me for money

~~time skip~~

Ladies and gents this is annabella carlyle she has the ability of touch, her mother said she is gifted but I shall be the judge of that."He walks off but as he's about to leave the room he turns round to look directly at me.

"I'll be back later for your first test you better start preparing, mae you look after her help her." He says leaving me confused

A girl about 17 years of age I assume is mae then walks toward me.

"What's he on about in the interview earlier he never said anything about tests?" Mae looks at me with sorrow in her eyes.

"I'm sorry isabella it's too late to leave. Have you ever heard about the butcher?"

"Yeah he was all over the news a couple of years ago  bodies of teenage agents were found all over London but then they stopped ,the case went  cold they assumed the killer stopped."

"He never did just started burning the bodies in stead dropping the ashes in the thams." She said and then it all suddenly hits me mr cartwright is the butcher I'm gonna die here I'm not going to survive. A tear falls down my cheek but I'm quick to wipe it away.

"I'm sorry isabella, the first test it's the worst out of them all. It's horrible I know but you get used to it after a while I'm sorry your here." And she walks away leaving me in my thought's.