Wednesday Woe Addams

Before I start, I would like to remind you all that this is just for fun. I had an idea, I ran with it, please don't hate me. Enjoy!

——————

Wednesday's POV:

Nevermore. A 'safe-haven' in which outcasts are constantly reminded that the only way they'll ever be safe in this world (if that) is if they segregate themselves from the hateful normies that are too ignorant for their own good. So when I found out six months ago that I had been accepted into Nevermore, I was disappointed to say the least.

I've always hated Nevermore.

I've hated Nevermore since I first heard about it. My mother had told me the story of how she met my father and I wanted nothing more than to slice at my limbs, thus creating my very own personal Thing. Not only had the love story scar me for life, I also hated the sound of the school. A 'safe-haven'? Please. The steam powered guillotine I built when I was ten is safer than that school. I knew that I wasn't in for a treat.

And now, it's six months later. Outcasts can somewhat step out of the boarding school without getting hatecrimed by bigoted imbeciles dressed as pilgrims, we are no longer being seeked out by a homicidal monster and his phsycopathic master, and most importantly I hate Nevermore just a little less than I did before. Sure, it's still a school but at least it isn't boring. After all, being scared is better than being bored.

⁰0⁰

I step into the Nevermore. I can practically smell the school threatening to burn to the ground like it had a few months ago. Intriguing. I walk further into the building until I've managed to make it to the pentagon. I still don't understand why it's referred to as a quad but I know better than to try to fathom meaningless clichés built to make our adolescent lives harder. I soon see a crowd forming right near the fountain. I should probably keep my distance...

I push to the front of the crowd to see ny roommate, Enid, harassing a boy twice her size. I don't know whether to be scared or impressed.

"DO YOU WANT TO WHISTLE AT ME NOW? DO YOU WANT TO SMACK MY ASS NOW YOU LITTLE SHIT‽"

Okay, impressed it is.

"I'M SORRY, I THOUGHT YOU WERE MY GIRLFRIEND!"

"WELL THINK AGAIN, YOU TRAMP!"

I hear murmurs and provoking comments from the crowd, which clearly isn't helping this boys case. It's kind of funny, actually. The lengths he's going to protect himself is increasingly humorous.

"I'M GAY! I'M GAY!"

"I don't discriminate."

"AAAAAAAAAH"

Enid is about to practically skin him alive until she sees me in the crowd. She drops the boy and runs up to me, pulling me into a hug as she squeals. The crowd starts to deform as she yells:

"OH EM GEE! YOU'RE BACK!"

She lifts and shakes my body with ease as she continues to attempt to squeeze me to death before I start to count down from three. She puts me down before I get to one and smiles sweetly. I'm not much of a sweet tooth but I mist admit, it's nice to see that smile on her face.

"I honestly thought you'd never show up again."

"I could say the same."

I take a good look at Enid. I notice that she's grown a few inches taller and that her teeth have gotten ever so slightly sharper.

"How was your vacation?"

"Horrible."

"That's great!"