When you woe you know

Wednesday's POV:

"She then said 'Would an unoriginal fencer be able to do this?' and I honestly think my heart was trying to shoot out of my throat with how aggressively it was beating. You understand what I mean, right?"

"Oh Wednesday I am dripping like a faucet, and I'm straight."

I returned to my dorm a little over an hour ago, and after locking myself in the powder room and suffering an identity crisis for around an hour or two, I finally revealed what had happened while Bianca and I were fencing. It's safe to say that Enid is much more invested in this development than she should be.

"Why do you get all the cool relationship moments and I don't?"

"Do you not experience such with Ajax?"

"I mean... I guess. I don't know, I mean stuff gets heated but like hearing your story made me feel more, you know?"

Is Ajax doing okay? I doubt the two of them have even been involved for three months yet and she's already bored.

"Maybe it's nothing, what do you think Wednesday?"

"I think you should re-evaluate your life choices. Are you sure you're heterosexual?"

"Oh yeah, totally! I mean girls are pretty but I mean... men are... like they're okay too..."

"That did not sound convincing."

"I am straight, I promise!" She argues defensively.

This should be fun. I wonder how Enid will feel being on the receiving end of her incessant psychoanalysis.

I decide to remain silent, just staring at her. It tends to make the average person reveal their life stories at a desperate attempt to redeem themselves from... I don't even think they know what.

"I mean it's not like I've never thought of it, it's just I could never date a girl. I think."

Beat

"I mean unless I was like drunk. Or if I like knew everything and anything about her, but in that case I guess we would already have some sort of friendship so why would we need to date?"

Beat

"Unless she was like really pretty. You know, maybe it wouldn't hurt to try homosexuality before college. But who would I even date?"

Beat

"Well Yoko is probably the closest person to me only closely followed by you, but like Divina likes Yoko and I wouldn't want to steal that chance from her- Not that I like Yoko or anything, just hypothetically."

Beat

"Yoko is pretty though. Like really pretty. Like if I was a boy I would be making her breakfast right now. She smells really good too. I wonder what perfume she uses. I love her hair. It's always partially dyed in some way to match her clothes and recently she dyed it red instead of her usual purple and it looks incredible. Her hair is really soft aswell. Whenever we have girls nights she lets me style her hair and sometimes I put my werewolf senses to good use and just smell her hair because I honestly cannot get enough of it. I can't get enough of her really. I'm so glad we're friends."

Beat

Even I'm not this bad. I've pushed away the occasional crass thought here and there but this just seems like straight denial.

"I'm straight though."

"Oh please."

"I am, honest!"